Don't Get Too Attached ~Chapter 8~

Hey guys! Just wanted to thank you all for reading, I really appreciate it. I hope you're enjoying the story so far, I know I am, and it's going to start getting better I hope ;) hehe. I greatly appreciate comments too, so please drop some. 

Anyways, enjoy.

Love,

Mel'z :) xx

**************************************

Chapter 8

Sam picked up his shirt and handed me his jacket, which I'm actually grateful for; It's colder now than it was earlier, but I still ask in a quiet voice, “Are sure? You might get cold.”

“I've got a shirt. You're the one who decided to go out in a sports-bra.” He replied laughing, which made me blush a bright red. “You're so cute when you blush.” He told me, wrapping his jacket over my shoulders and pinching my cheeks.

“Stop it.” I swatted his hands away from my face but there was still a hint of a smile in my voice that I didn't manage to hide. I put my arms through the jacket and zipped it up as he went over to talk to his friends.

“We're off now guys.” I heard him say.

“Already? We were gonna go out for some pizza.” One of the girls said in her high-pitched voice as she held onto Sam's arm.

“Ah, sorry guys, I can't, I have to take Tatiana home.” He replied, not sounding disappointed at all.

“I'm sure she can make her own way home.” The girl, still holding onto his arm, said. She was glaring in my direction.

“Yeah, I can make my own way home, you can go with you friends.” Part of me wants him to go with his friends, but another part needs help getting home because I know I'll get lost.

“Nonsense! Don't be so silly, I'll take you.” He said this as the final word, leaving no room for arguments. “Later guys,” He said giving his friends a wave.

The girl who was gripping his arm muttered something incoherent under her breath and glared at me, as did the rest of the girls.

“Later. Bye Tatiana.” One of the twins, Jake I think, said to us and gave me a friendly smile.

“Bye... Nice meeting you all.” I told them as Sam took my hand and lead me away. When we were out of ear shot, I said, “Your friends seem...” I trailed off unsure of a word to describe them, “nice?”

He laughed and gave me a skeptical look, “Sorry about them, Brandon's a huge flirt and Dan can get really competitive but honestly, they're great people... The girls however...” He chose his words carefully, “Can be a bit...” He trailed off again. “They'll warm up to you, don't worry.”

Now it was my turn to laugh, “I doubt that, but I don't care, I don't usually get on with girls anyway for some reason or other.” Sam gave me a knowing look and we walked in silence with him still holding my hand. “You know, you can let go of my hand, I'm not going to run away.” I told him, glancing at our joined hands-part of my didn't want him to let go, but

“I could, but I don't want to.” He stated matter of factly, smirking and then squeezed my hand.

“But I'd like you too let go, please?” I didn't. I didn't want him to let go, his hand was warm and comforting, but he needed to let go. I couldn't get used to the feeling, it would just get me attached to him; and I couldn't let that happen.

“Nope.” He replied simply.

“I asked nicely, don't make me force you.” I threatened.

He laughed, “I'd like to see you try.”