Don't Get Too Attached. ~Chapter 3~

Thanks to everyone who's reading, I appreciate it greatly!

Please comment, I like hearing what you lot think... Sorry of their are any mistakes, feel free to point them out to me=)

Thanks, enjoy x

*********************************************************************

Chapter 3

I was beginning to like Sam.

This couldn’t be happening. I’d known him for less than a day and I was already feeling safe when around him. I couldn’t let this happen, I couldn’t get attached. Yet when I looked at him, I couldn’t help smile back. I felt the need to talk to him, learn more about him, and hear him laugh. I’d never felt like this about anyone before, usually I’d feel the need to punch something whenever I spoke to a person. But standing here, looking at Samuel, I felt calm. The calmest I’d felt since my brother left me.

“Tatiana, do I have something on my face?” He was looking slightly confused as his hands roamed over his face.

I smiled involuntarily, “No.” Then I went to the edge of the grass, looking into the water.

“Come sit on this rock with me.”

I looked at distance from where I was stood to the rock, “I can’t jump that far…” I trailed off.

“Don’t worry, I’ll catch you.” He stretched out his arms and smiled encouragingly.

I hesitated as my mind when back to my previous thoughts, but my body seemed to be doing its own thing as I took a few steps back, preparing myself to jump. “I’ll warn you now, I’m quite heavy.”

“No you’re not.” He stated as if he knew, “Besides, I’m strong.” And he flexed his muscles. “Count of three… One. Two. Three!”

On three, I took three steps and when my toes reached the edge, I jumped.

I landed on the rock and Samuel wrapped his arms around me. I did the same, wrapping my arms around him as I tried to keep my balance. That was when I realised how much taller he was than me; my head reached just below his shoulder. I looked up to see a broad grin on his face and soon felt a similar one take over my face.

I let go of him and sat down on the rock. He did the same before turning to look at me. “You know, back at your house I was under the impression that you didn’t like me. Then you show up at my house ask me to show you around, you ignore me half the time and now you’re acting like we’re friends.” He had a frown on his face. “I’m just really confused…” He trailed off and his gaze left my face, he looked at the water around us instead.

I sighed. I didn’t like the way I was feeling right now. I couldn’t be attached already, could I? No. I wasn’t. There was nothing wrong with being only friends, as long as I wasn’t attached right? That way I wouldn’t get hurt, would I? I realised he was waiting for some sort of reply from me and I wasn’t sure what to say. I coughed awkwardly, “Sorry, I just find it hard moving, maybe we could start over?” I even surprised myself by saying that, but then decided it was for the best. I’d need at least one friend to get me through the summer, as long as I wasn’t attached, I wouldn’t get hurt.

“Alright then.” He paused for a moment, and then turned to look at me. “Hi, I’m Samuel, you can call me Sam. I’m your neighbour.” He stretched out his hand.

I reached for it, “Nice to meet you Sam, I’m Tatiana, just moved here… And I’m fifteen years old.” I added, remembering the question he’d asked me earlier.