3 // possible wish

after picking up a caramel milkshake on the walk back, cali arrived home 10 minutes later.

it was only 2:37pm so she had plenty of time to organise everything for the next day.

she couldn't believe she was going to be twenty! her life had pasted her going at 90 miles an hour and she was still trying to catch up.

but, she was glad that she still had here friends and parents to keep her in the race. she appreciated everything around her.

around 4pm everything was ready so she put on some jams and danced around the box filled apartment, whipping her new hair back and fourth.

20 minutes later, she grew tired and dumped herself on the couch. she had nothing else to do (except the washing-up, which she was procrastinating) so she decided to watch captain america; the first avenger.

she admired bucky and steve's relationship, and indeed she wanted a best friend like either of them to the other.

she also wanted a relationship like steve and peggy. she longed to be in love, to trust and love your soulmate with your whole heart. to be cared about, to be nurtured, to be protected.

she realised that since tomorrow was here birthday, she would have a wish to make. and she knew what she would wish for.

she wondered if she was making the right decision; wishing for a boyfriend (or soulmate) that would be her closest and best friend. would that create conflict? would they fight? would they have a lot of things in common? would they be complete opposites? why was she even thinking about the wish when it would never come true?

at the end of the movie, cali figured, 'why not?' and placed the second captain america film in the dvd drive.

by the time the movie had ended, cali was struggling to keep her eyes open. she slid into her pyjamas, brushed her teeth, moisturised her face, locked up and put a clean pair of bed socks. she was ready to sleep.

diving into her hard-to-come-by water bed and sleepily reached around her bedside table for her phone. once in her grasp, she set an alarm for 6:00am.

she figured her mother and father were going to call at around 7am anyway.

cali, noticing the time was 11:04pm, put her iphone on charge on the bedside table, yawning, before flipping the other way.

she quietly muttered to herself, "happy birthday to me," before completely losing consciousness.

-------

just a filler, next chapter will be her birthday ((and possibly when she meets liam (; ))

edited 💓💓