2 // black

continued from 1! 💞💝
---

"hi there! what would you like today?" an employee confronted her with a joyful tone. the girl looked around the same age as cali, with a bob-cut and fringe down to her eyebrows. freckles scattered over her face, leaving a trail over her nose and cheeks. she had radiant green eyes and was her face was completed with a smile. she was very tall, cali would say about 6 foot.

" good, than-thanks. i was won-wondering if i could pl-please get my hair dyed, i, um, don't have an a-appointment or anything but it's for a sp-special, uh, occasion." the girl rushed out, looking at the green tiled floor. even though she hadn't planned this out, she was getting excited for her hair to get done and for people to see the new, fun cali.

the employee hmm-ed and quickly ran to the desk at the front of the shop. she checked if anyone had an appointment, but the next was in an hour and 20 minutes. in that time she would be able to brush her hair, de-tangling it and to put the dye (or bleach if the customer wanted it) in. "i can do it, but i have limited time. take a seat and i will get everything ready."

a smile appeared instantaneous on cali's face. " thank you, thank-thank you! oh, i'm so exci-excited!" she jumped up and down, then realised that they were on a time limit and ran to take a seat.

the employee walked around the shop at a fast pace, collecting items that she would use to dye cali's hair.

she stopped, realising that she had no clue what colour california wanted. so, she asked.

cali had no clue. she was a dark haired brunette with natural light brown streaks, and had always hated her hair colour. she didn't know why, she just felt so bland & and felt like she was never noticed.

her mind raced to decide on a colour when she finally thought of a simple shade that she had always wanted, but never had the bravery to.

she met the workers eyes, with a glint of mischief within her own freckled light blue pair.

"bl-black, like a pitch black. i would love that, uh, thanks." cali was sure this would convince her friends that she was finally cool, edgy and brave; that cali was outgoing and that people would come for her birthday, to see her.

the employee began working on and washing cali's hair in a very fast time length, so within 35 minutes, they were both waiting for hair dye to finish.

40 minutes later, the worker was finishing blow drying cali's hair. cali was nervous, to say the least. she hoped that it accentuated her features and made her pop with confidence.

the worker smiled, she had finished. "voilà! all finished! what do ya' think?" she turned cali's chair around so it was facing the mirror.

cali looked back at herself and gasped. she had a fierce jaw line, the black hair framed it perfectly. cali's black eyebrows matched her hair, also making her thick eyelashes look darker. her spotted pupils was the main focus, being the brightest and biggest thing on her face.

she smiled, her teeth even looking whiter. cali was very happy with her new look, she felt radiant and beautiful for once. she was sure she would draw attention to herself and make her look more approachable.

she wasn't thinking of her mother, father, or any of her other relatives thoughts. she didn't think of how her mother would tug at her hair for being unnatural, it didn't cross her mind how her father would tell her how, 'skanky' it would look and she didn't even think of how all of her relatives would title her, 'the black sheep.' no, she did not think of any of that. and do you know why?

because she was so overwhelmed with happiness. she could finally put herself out there and get appreciated.

after thanking the employee a bunch more, they exchanged names and numbers before cali left bella and left to go back to her house to get ready for the extraordinary event that was her party.

-----

bella is the employee just to make that clear!!! 💞💞 and rumours about the fifth album??!?? geez i'm sweating

edited and the fifth album was amAZING