4// anyone

a/n-- lets just say that legal age is 20 in Australia,, it works better with this character.. you'll see why,.,, enjoy!!

as california's phone beeped, she lazily turned over and grabbed it from the charging dock. after taking at least 20 seconds to open her eyes, she read the alarm title: "happy bday me!!" she sat up before realising what today was.

it was her birthday. it was her 20th birthday. she wasn't a teenager anymore; this age meant that she had to knuckle down, that she wasn't going to be treated like she was a child. this year she would do cool adult stuff. like take a road trip with her friends and somewhere foreign to them, start a shoe collection, start dating- responsively, party in clubs, buy even more stupid stuff that she didn't need/ was useless to cali (the worst thing she ever bought was a bag made out purely of feathers.. only $79.95! 'what a bargain'), and even camp out in the forest again.

((last year was a disaster, they had set up underneath a bee's nest and their tent must have disturbed the bees, because the next morning they woke up to bees trying to get inside the tent. they had to wait until it was dark for the bees to settle down and when that happened, they grabbed all they could and ran)).

after checking her phone, there was no calls and text which was confusing, cali had a shower, washing her hair thoroughly and