Chapter 11

Mai’s world had just fallen apart. Every single brick in which she has building with just fell. They were thrown down like they were a pile of bricks. It was bad. Her tears just kept flowing. Her mom was trying her best to keep Mai calm, but nothing seemed to work. The one school Mai actually cared about and wanted to go to had just cancelled its entrance test. They didn’t even give a reason. It was so very. All that was on it was those two words. It seemed very informal for a college to send.

     Mai just wanted to be locked in her room and never come out, but that piece of paper was there.  It taunted her. She could not set her eyes to it.

     “There are many colleges sweet heart,” said Mai’s mom in a calm voice.

     “But none are that one,” said Mai.

     “I know how you feel. We all want to go to that once college; to that one special place where our dreams will come true.”

     Mai nodded. “Yup,” she said.

     “Have you contacted the school,” asked Mai’s mother.

     “Why bother,” said Mai. “Why get told it has been cancelled again. They sent an official letter. It has a fancy stamp and everything mom. A FANCY STAMP!” Mai started crying again.”

     “You never know Mai.”

     “I just can’t stand it.”

     “I know Mai. I know.”

      Mai and Aiko were together at lunch that day studying. It was that day Mai was supposed to take her test, but there was never a wrong time to study. Mai was extremely bummed out. She should be taking a test right now. She should be. Now how will she get into her college? She didn’t like any of the other ones. As they were sitting at the table a try was placed across on the other side. They both looked up. It was Kait.

     “What do you wan’t,” asked Aiko.

     “How was the test,” asked Kait with a grin.

     “I didn’t take it,” mumbled Mai.

     “Oh,” said Kait, pretending to care, “why not?”

     “It was cancelled,” said Mai. Mai rested her head onto the table.

     “Really,” asked Kait, “that seems rather odd for such a high college to do.”

     “That’s what I was thinking!”

     Kait grinned.

     “Why are you smiling?”

     “Oh,” said Kait, “It’s just… you know.”

     “What?”

     “That test wasn’t cancelled.” Both Mai and Aiko were shocked by this news.

      “How would you know,” asked Aiko.

     “Easy,” said Kait. She leaned down on the table and looked Mai and Aiko in the eyes, “I took it.” Mai and Aiko’s eyes widened and they silently gasped. Kait stood back up and smirked at them. “See ya.”

     Mai thought back to the letter she got and then realized everything. “Oh no,” she said.