Chapter 30

Hallie's P.O.V

I didn't answer any of the questions at first. I didn't want to reveal the identity of my 'crush'. I knew that if I did I would never here the end of it and whenever he came round to ours comments would be made and things would turn awkward. I hate awkward. As the minutes passed by my Mom's face dropped more and more. Finally she spoke again, "Is it Brandon playing tricks again?" I know she wants me to move on from my old friends in Illinois and I know she wants me to find a boy here so that it encourages me to want to stay.

So I told her the words she wanted to hear, "No, he's not playing tricks but I don't feel like telling you about him because I know it will be the ongoing joke of the week."

Her face lit up again, "Oh Hallie, I'm so glad you have started surrounding yourself with good people." I know it's a dig at my old friends but I don't feel like arguing tonight, especially whilst my grandparents are here so I just smiled instead.

My grandma smiled, "We'll have one of our special talks tonight and you can tell me all about him." I smiled nervously. I know she'll probably tell my Mom. It's not that I don't want my Mom to know, it's just I don't want her saying something by accident to him.

I looked over at Brandon who smiling cheekily but I think he's forgot something ... 2 can play that game.

"Grandma, has Brandon told you about his girlfriend?" I smirked.

"Ooh, who's this then Brandy?"

He glared at me, "A girl I met at college."

My grandad patted him on the back, "That's my boy! What's her name?"

"Nellie."

"I would like to meet her one day whilst we're here!"

"I'll bring her round one day grandma but only if Hallie brings her boyfriend."

Hearing my name and boyfriend in a sentence didn't sound right, "I would ... but he's not my boyfriend." I smiled sarcastically.

"Invite him round as friends." My Mom suggested.

"No because it would be obvious that I like him."

"Invite all of your friends round then. He is part of your friendship group, right?" I nodded in response.

"I knew you would end up liking one of them twins! They both seem like nice enough boys!"

I decided to play games with her, "Oh no, it's not one of the twins. We have a new friend." Her face dropped.

"Oh." I laughed.

"I'm only joking." Then my face dropped. I just admitted to liking one of the twins and even though they don't know which one it is they will still make comments. I just hope they don't see my family any time soon.

I could tell my Mom was loving this, "Oh so it is a twin then! Which one is it?"

"You don't need to know! Oh Brandon, I really hate you right now!" He just laughed in response. I just really hope no comments are made if they come to my house any time soon!