Into the fray

How did silver eyes and bow ties become Harry's obsession? Topped off with ruffled blonde pompadours?

Well, hell if he knew.

Harry straightened out his dark brown blazer and black belt that was holding up his jeans. Lily had left about an hour ago to stay with Molly for the night, having a sleep over with her "grandparents".

He knew he was being ridiculous, that it was just a petty date, nothing more nothing less. Draco Malfoy had always been hot, but now he was just gorgeous. His eyes were a strange mix of blue and silver he'd never known, and the hair of his was unbelievably blonde.

The boy who lived had already stepped through the floo,standing in the same sitting room from that morning. He took in the sunlight filtering through the half closed curtains and waited for his "date" to appear.

Draco had stepped into the room quitely, jumping a bit when he noticed Potter waiting for him already, looking the blonde over curiously and intently. Harry let his eyes scan over the guitar slung over Draco's shoulder and the cute little tie he had grown accustom to wearing since their school years.

"oh, hello, sorry to keep you waitng," The healer fiddled with his sleeve.

Harry nodded, "It's fine. You look....well, you look pretty damn cute, actually. How long have you been wearing muggle clothes?"

"I know I'm cute. And I've always worn them, you just don't pay attention, Potter. Are you ready? They're expecting me there tonight," Draco retorted.

Harry nodded again, hoping he was going to be able to hear that angelic and sultry voice again. Draco took Harry's hand enthusiastically and tugged on the burnettes sleeve, through the manors dining room, and to the front door.

"Father, I'm going out! I'll be back later tonight, don't wait up for me!" Dray called.

"Wait a second!" Lucius beckoned as he paced towards the two boys from his study, "be careful, you know how muggles can be. Stay out of trouble, and if you can't-"

"Don't get caught. Yes, I know," Draco leaned up on his toes to give his father a brief hug and kiss his cheek, "I'll be fine, I've got my wand with me. Don't worry so much, old man."

Lucius gasped as if he was hurt and smacked Draco's shoulder as the young man chuckled, "I'm not old! I could stll kick your ass kid, don't try me young man," He warned half-heartedly.

"yeah yeah, whatever. Goodnight dad, don't miss me too much!" Draco said before pulling Harry behind him, locking the front gate door, "Sorry about him, he's gotten a bit soft over the years,"

"No no, it's fine. It's a nice change, I'm glad you two were able to make up after everything that happened. I was worried you wouldn't," Harry told the blonde, who turned around and continued walking backwards.

"He didn't do anything wrong, and I see that now. He did what h had to to protect the people he loved, and in the end both him and mother did everything they could to mend their wrong doings by joining the side of Dumbledore's army," He informed the taller, dark haired man.

Harry picked Draco up by the shoulders and setting him up on the short brick barrier lining the road, walking along side the blonde who was now in a position to be taller than Harry. Draco raised an eyebrow at him and opened his mouth but was soon shushed by a loud pang of thunder, making him yelp and jump, tripping and falling to the ground in a small ball.

"woah, hey, it's only some thunder! Dray, it's okay, I swear," harry tried to reassure him, "Where are we going anyways?" he asked.

"I-It's just right around this corner up here, the indie looking building with the cresent moon on the sign," Draco repsonded, picking himself up, flinching with every bout of thunder, "let's just get inside please," He walked faster, in almost a jog.