(12) we're all alone now

Walking toward the grass field at school, Hayley had Taylor's jacket with her to return to him. Only problem was that he didn't bother to show up to class or school, for that matter.

Skipping on school wasn't something Taylor did often, or at least he hadn't during the time Hayley had been his partner.

Lying on the grass with Jack resting his head on her stomach, Hayley held one of his hands as she looked up at the sky. The redhead turned her head to see if Taylor's car was parked where it usually was but it wasn't this time.

It was the same the next day and two days after that. Hayley was alone in class doing the Art essay herself. It was Friday, so Taylor had missed a whole week.

Hayley grew more worried about Taylor as the days went on and even felt upset. She hadn't seen him since last Saturday, when the incident with the cliff happened.

In one of her classes that day, Hayley couldn't concentrate or focus on the questions as she kept thinking of the kiss, of the cliff and just Taylor in general.

Hayley really did try her best with the schoolwork she was working on but it all felt useless when everyone around her was breezing through it all and she was stuck thinking about a guy.

Once she got out to lunch, Hayley began to make a phone call to try and find out more about Taylor.

"Fork? I said York!" Hayley sighed, standing in a corner of a block as she listened to the person on the other end of the line. "Y-o-r-k. Thanks."

"What do you think you're doing?" Jack asked, standing behind Hayley and giving her a fright in the process.

Hayley quickly spun around and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Using a phone during school time!" Jack chuckled, showing Hayley that he was only joking.

Jack hadn't caught too much of Hayley's conversation, which she was pretty glad about. The girl didn't want her boyfriend knowing that she was worrying about another guy - he wouldn't understand.

Hayley laughed as she tapped her fingers on her phone. "That was the uh, the college, there's some sort of issue with something..."

"Oh, is everything okay?" Jack asked, feeling worried for Hayley. He was actually a very caring person, especially when it came to his girlfriend.

"I don't know, I think I should hit up the office to work it out. Sucks" Hayley pretended to frown as she shrugged, placing her phone into her pocket.

Hayley then leaned up and kissed Jack on the cheek before waving as she walked off.

- - -

"It's been a few days, you see. I'm a bit worried" Hayley spoke to a lady in the school office, giving a small smile. "I thought I could give him a ring, let him know about homework and stuff."

"I'm sorry, dear. We just can't give out that sort of information" The woman spoke as she stamped some papers with dates and continued with her paperwork.

"It's... Kind of an emergency though" Hayley bit her lip, resting her hands on the desk in front of her as she grew impatient. "Taylor is falling behind and it is affecting me. How will I prepare for the exams?"

"You'll have to speak to Mr Morello about that" The woman gave a small shrug, signing some papers. There wasn't much she could do.

"Oh, Taylor and I are friends. I had his number but accidentally lost it, no big deal" Hayley smiled, trying to convince the woman behind the desk once more.