Forgiveness vs trust

Have you ever been hurt by someone who meant alot to you? Someone you thought you could depend on?

You don't want to cut them out of your life, but the thing is, forgiveness lets you off the hook, not them.

If you think about the situation from their standpoint, they feel bad, they know they've done wrong, but you being angry doesn't affect them the way you hope it does.

At some point, letting go is the only way to give yourself satisfaction. But that doesn't mean you must trust that person again.

Forgiveness does not make you a push over. It makes you a person with respect for themselves and love for others.

Trust must be earned, and can be thrown away instantly, and anyone who disagrees is entitled to their opinion.

My dad left me after verbally abusing me for three years. I harbored anger, hurt, and contempt for him for eight years, until finally, I realized something. He doesn't even know how I feel. Being angry doesn't change anything.

All being angry did, was make me a bitter and awful person. When I finally forgave him, I felt so much lighter. I no longer felt smothered with rage. I was filled with hope, and a new appreciation for forgiveness.

I wish nothing but the best for him, but that doesn't mean I have to call him daddy and go out for ice cream. He will never be my daddy, but he gave me life, and he gave me understandings that I wouldn't change for the world.

Love yourself enough to forgive. Not because they deserve it, but because you do.