Ugly Truth

Let's get real, we've all done something we're ashamed of.

You aren't who others say you are, but we've all said things we don't mean, and we've all meant things we didn't say.

How many times do you "stereotype" someone daily? Ten times? Twelve? Twenty?

You don't mean to, usually, but as a human, we all pass judgement, even when we don't wanna admit it.

I've done it. As a matter of fact, I do it more than twenty times a day.

Not all stereotypes are negative either, but that certainly doesn't make it right.

I personally am a defensive person, especially when I'm around a person who I could potentially care for. This has caused alot of fighting and hurt between me and others around me.

That being said, before truly getting to know me, that leads others to believe I am cruel, brutal, aggressive, or heartless. At first sight I come across as sweet, but none of that is me.

We must lead in love, whether you believe in God or not, a life lead in love is a life well lived. Judgement is a pointless act.

When you see someone with tattoos, most people think negatively. Biker, gang, thug, abuse, aggressive, rough, mean, and scary are just a few of the names we tend to associate with them.

When you see an attractive person, you sexualize them with words like hot, sexy, and sex in general. You assume they have their lives together. You may think they are rich, or popular, or gay, straight, or bi.

But have you ever stopped to think about who that person is? There are biker groups against sexual, mental, physical, verbal, and emotional abuse of women and children. This includes a specific group which travels all over the "bible belt" for children's abuse cases, surrounding the child's house, and going to court dates to show support and allow the child to feel safe.

And you wouldn't assume that "hot" person you'd watched pass you by might hate themselves, cut, suffer from depression, bipolar, anxiety, or many other difficulties.

The one thing we must remember, is that looks can be deceiving. Not everyone follows the "cookie cutter mold."

And you don't understand what you don't want to.