N I N E

~Nova~

"Are you sure you don't want any extra lessons?" My algebra teacher asked me, as he handed in my graded test, imprinted with a ,'C-' as my grade. Ever since Harry has cracked the news to me, it's been hard to focus on basically anything. The thought of him leaving me was scarred across my mind and to never be removed. I couldn't handle losing him.

"Yes, I'll just be sure to study twice as hard next time." I shrugged.

And with that,the rest of my day continued slowly and a familiar curly haired boy seemed to never leave my thoughts.

~~~

One hand held my tired head up while the other just played with my fork. My mom had fixed up one of my favorite dishes; spaghetti. But of course I wasn't hungry as I kept drifting off into my own little thoughts.

"So...are you sure he's really leaving for good? I mean he can't just leave you behind." My mom took a sip of red wine.

"He might as well. He's got such a wonderful voice that...no one can say no to that. I might as well be non-existent to him now." A small lump grew in my throat, but I swallowed it down to bite back my weakness over some boy that will leave me.

"Oh don't say that! You two have been friends for the longest! Maybe even closer than that...you never even told me if you to were together," she spoke.

The muscles in my body tensed. The memories of me and Harry kissing for the first time were still fresh and clear, the feelings, the touch, the taste. I could feel a sly smile shape onto my face. "So are you?" She broke me away from the scene I was replaying.

"Umm....no." I said bluntly.

My mom seemed to be a bit disappointed before she said," no? Why? Harry is wonderful, charming boy."

"I don't want to date someone that will leave me." I looked down into my lap to see my hands slightly shaking. My vision was turning a bit fuzzy,when I realized I was on the verge of crying. I didn't want to cry, not even in front of my mom.

"C'mon Nova, let's be reasonable here. He is your most trustworthy friend ever that would never want to see his friend in sadness. He cares for you Nova, of course he knows you'll be a little upset about him leaving for some time, but he loves you and would never forget that little lonely girl, sitting alone in the park and took her in.And if he didn't care enough about your feelings, he isn't worth your time." She said.

Impressed with her words, I said," you know about us meeting in the park for the first time?"

"Of course! You two never stop talking about that until this day."

I began to feel warm inside as I remembered the day I had met the actual Harry Styles.

"You should talk to him," she said. "I think I will, thanks mom." I walked over and gave her a hug, then kissed the base of her forehead.

~~~

I gained more and more anticipation as every second the phone would not be picked up.

"C'mon Harry, answer it." I whispered to myself. A few more seconds had passed by, until it stopped ringing.

"Hello?" A deep accent asked on the other line.

"Oh, hey Harry it's me." I said, my voice coming out small and weak. I hope he didn't notice.

"Oh, umm hey Nova. What's up?"

"Well... I wanted to talk to you,"

"About?"

I hesitated to tell him. What's was I even going to talk about in the first place anyway? Him? The X Factor? What? I knew there was something there...something pulling at me of what I really yearned to tell him. It was definitely there I just couldn't reach out to it.

"Nova?"

"Oh yeah, I'm still here." I always am Harry. I thought to myself.

"Umm...what have you been up to lately?" Plopping myself up onto the head bored of my bed.

"Nothing really. Just a bit nervous is all." I heard him sigh.

"Since when is the Harry Styles ever nervous?" I said, lightening some of my anxiety off of my shoulders. I was relieved when I heard a small chuckle over the phone.

"I guess I'm just over thinking everything ,you know? Like what if something goes wrong? What if I mess up, what if I embarrass myself in front of thousands of people? I would be humiliated for the rest of my life!" A bit a panic was forming in his voice, I had to think of something fast to ease his growing anxiety.

"No." I said flatly.

"What?" He said.

"I said no."

"Your not making any sense Nova."

"This is not the Harry Styles I want to talk to! The Harry I know is brave, and is willing to take chances and risks. You don't want to be that person who just sits down and waits for something to happen. No, you have to take a risk and go for it, even if you mess up, at least you gave it a try-" I paused, a memory flashed past my brain.

"Just like you took a chance on me..." My voice quiet and frail.

"I was nothing more than just a little girl-" I stated off with a small laugh.

"-alone at the park, looking for a friend. At that time I had no friends at all. I was going through the worst for a small child. Until...someone came strolling along towards the swings where I was," I heard Harry let out a small gasp.

"I remember..." He said.

"You gave me a chance when no one else did Harry, you were my first real friend. That will be a day I will never forget, you taught me to be brave and give chances to people Harry." I said, my heart swelled as I thought more about the memory, I blinked it away.

"Wow Nova, I can't believe you remember that." He said.

"You looked so lonely and that made me sad, so I took a risk and just came up to you. And I'm glad I did-" he paused.

"Because if I didn't, I wouldn't be talking to such a wonderful girl right now. Thank you Nova,  I don't know where I would be without you."

My heart ached with emotions everywhere. I felt loved. I actually felt love.

But at the same time, with a growing sadness. For I knew, that being in love would only tear us apart. Without him here, everything would become so empty. I would only become weaker, for he was my only source of happiness and strength.

And with his career slowly starting to take off, he would forget about me in a matter of months.

"Nova?" I heard him say, pulling me out of my saddening thoughts.

"I'm sorry," I choked on my words as tears stared to roll down my cheeks.

"But I can't do this anymore." And with that, I hung up.

I didn't feel like talking to him. I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I just wanted to be alone and cry.

Who knew the ones that you loved the most would hurt you the most?

~~~

OMG GUYS IM ACTUALLY BACK. It's been soooooooo long since I have been on here and I'm so sorry OML 😭😭😭 I legit had to read the whole book again so I close get adjusted to writhing again (that's sad lol) but yea I'm back thank u for the people who have stuck with me and I will do my best to update more asap!!! LOVE U 😭💕✨