T H R E E

~Nova~

"This project will be due in two weeks, don't forget this is a major grade. Class dismissed!" My math teacher announced before letting us flee to our next class.

I had chemistry next, with Harry. Best part of my day, because I always need a little fun to get me through the day. I stopped by my locker to switch out notebooks, I adjusted my beanie and pushed up my glasses as I looked into the mirror. As I rushed to my next class, looking down at my Vans as always I was stopped by three pairs of Tori Burch heels.

I looked up finding three girls smirking at me menacingly. Sarah, Brooke, and Taylor. Apparently most popular girls in the school. Pfft like they own the halls. But I was always a little intimidated by them....

"Hey,nice beanie!" Brooke commented. Was this real?

"Umm... Thanks..."

They all looked at each other.

"If you want to live on the streets you mutt!" She finished. I knew it was to good to be true.

They all let out girly, witch like laughs causing everyone to stare. I looked back down seeing water droplets appear on the glass of my glasses.

You idiot! Don't start crying now!

"You know, you should try a new look... But you would never make it to the top like us." Taylor said walking off with her minions following zombie like behind her. Everyone else dashed off as they bell rang.

Great.

Just great. I'm late for my class. I sighed loudly slumping to my class.

Maybe their right, maybe I should try a new look......but what's the point?! I am a mutt who should be living on the streets!

Whatever, just get to class you idiot.

I thought to myself.

As I slowly opened the door everyone stared at me like I had just woken up with mockingly looks written on their faces. I knew my eyes were red rimmed, and cheeks flushed.

"Is their a reason you are late Ms. Waters?" My teacher crossed her arms over her puffed out chest.

"No." I mumbled. My lab partner scooted father away from me as I sat down.

Go figure.

Harry looked at me as he mouthed 'are you okay?' to me. I didn't reply.

-------------------------------

Class went by quickly. This was now lunch hour,so I headed downstairs.

"Hey, wait up!" Harry said appearing by my side. Hands on both straps of his backpack, making him look like an anticipated child with gleaming wide eyes and huffing breath.

He was adorable.

"What..... Happened back...... There?" He breathed.

"Nothing." I sighed walking a bit faster.

"Stop! Please tell me what happened!" He said, gripping my shoulder.

I pulled away. "Nothing, Harry." Now I was getting a bit annoyed.

"Was it those girls again?" He said, moving his body in front of me so he could block my path. I looked down from his gaze.

Yes, yes it was Harry. But if I told you, you would think of me as a freak, just like everyone else. Oh but don't worry because it's doesn't hurt me at all and it won't hurt you because you are perfect, your the one who should be with...... Taylor, because she's actually beautiful... Not like me, of course not!

"Oh Nova, you shouldn't let those girls get to you! Their just big fat buggers that haven't been picked on yet!" He said lifting my chin up so I could look into his mossy, fields of beauty.

I chuckled a bit at his child ness then realizing I was still getting annoyed so I slapped his hand away.

"Harry stop. Let's just get to lunch before it gets packed!" I rushed past him.

But I stopped as he wrapped his arm around my waist, causing me to suck in my breath through my teeth. Harry has never touched me there.

But I didn't want this to get into an argument so I snapped, " Harry stop it! Your acting like a child! Don't you see I'm not in the mood! Go and bother somebody else!" I said regretting it, as soon as the words slipped from my covered mouth with my hand.

He slide his arm from my waist and stared at me with surprised eyes, as if he was a deer about the be hit by a car.

"Harry I-I'm s-sorry..." I stammered.

"No, it's okay I can see you need your space... Just call me when your ready to not snap at me again."

He said walking away from my numb body.

What have I done?