Confession

(No hate for that green-eyed swimmer.)

He still had his attention focused onto her. Makoto knew this was disrespectful. He mentally slapped himself for doing it. Finally looking away, Makoto turned around and looked up.

Red had already been seen by F/N. There was no point of hiding it. Makoto gave Ran and Ren an awkward look before turning around to face F/N. She gave him an assuring smile. "Ha," Makoto breathed while returning his small smile to her.

He had to loosen up. But Makoto already being someone with shyness made it difficult. And I call myself a college student. Instantly, he regretted bringing up that thought. He had missed a few days of it already.

On t.o.p (AN: T.O.P pun if anyone gets this.) of that, he hadn't swam in those days either. Stress was already building up within his mind now. That dizziness he had felt earlier was slowing creeping back.

It felt too familiar already. Makoto heaved a sigh. "F/N, I'm still not feeling well," he said. "Really, I'm not in the mood for eating." F/N's eyes widened for a second. "Oh, then probably cake isn't the best thing to make," she suggested. "Makoto, I know soup will do you some good."

Makoto's stomach churned a bit at the thought of consuming something. He tried not to make it noticeably but she had already caught on. Makoto pretended to casually slide a hand through his bangs to feel the temperature of his forehead. His hands detected sweat that had formed lightly.

"You should really take your time to rest," F/N told him. She began to head out the kitchen. Makoto took it as an order. He knew she was right.

Motioning his hand at Ran and Ren, he followed F/N. He really did feel grateful toward her. Makoto almost stumbled a bit through the short hall. It was as if he was drunk. He followed F/N in the room and went straight to the bed. He laid there, trying to get rid of his dizziness. Ran and Ren had looks of concern on their faces. "Feel better onii-chan," Ren said worriedly.

His siblings really weren't taking this lightly.

Makoto saw them at the corner of his eyes. "Your brother will feel well soon," F/N said, bending down to their level. Ran and Ren both looked at her as if she was telling the truth. She looked at Makoto as if to tell him she understood.

This brought some relief to the swimmer. He watched as she lead them out the room. Ran and Ren didn't protest. Instead they held onto F/N's hands. It wasn't as if they were going to be separated forever. Makoto smiled and shook his head. That wasn't going to happen.

He wouldn't let it happen. Adjusting his head onto the pillow, Makoto laid on his back and looked up at the ceiling. He wanted to express his thanks to F/N by helping with the cooking. But it clearly appeared that wasn't going to happen.

He breathed out heavily. Sleeping couldn't come so easily to him. His stomach churned into that growling sound of hunger now. Makoto hadn't eaten since the day before.

Hunger, stomach pains, and dizziness now affected him. College... Makoto really did want to figure out what was happening with his attendance. This also went for the configuration of his student loans. He didn't want all of that to go to a waste.

Stress added to his sick mind and body. Makoto closed his eyes. Darkness was what his eyes saw. Probably this is what he should see from now on. He craved for some peace.

Be free...

That wasn't possible at this moment. Soon enough, Makoto blinked his eyes open at the sound of F/N coming. He flickered his eyes at her when she entered the room.

"Why are you offering me this help?" he asked. "It's just that you and I never really talked to each other. I want the truth."

F/N looked surprised at this question. She only had a faint pink color developing on her cheeks. This time, she didn't avoid eye contact with him. F/N sighed quietly before replying, "Makoto, I just..." Her voice then trailed off into a more quieter tone.

Makoto couldn't catch what she had murmured. "What did you say?" he inquired.

F/N's face slowly grew into that same color of red from before. She broke her gaze from Makoto and walked over to the drawer beside the bed. Pulling out the top (AN: Once again another T.O.P pun if any of you out there get it.) one, F/N took out a single pair of glasses.

Makoto's eyes widened when he saw them. They were his. He wanted to get up, but his pain forced to him to stay down. He completely forgot to remind himself about them. "Where'd you find them?" Makoto murmured. "I thought I lost them."

F/N handed them to him. "You left them on your desk in math class," she replied slowly. "I heard you were sent to the infirmary, so I didn't get a chance to return them to you."

The bright color did not leave F/N as he spoke. Makoto blinked and put them on. He normal vision before didn't bother him really. He wasn't blind. But his eyes couldn't see those small words on the board in class.
Especially when he sat at the back.

The pain in his body was still fixated on him. Yet still, he grinned. Makoto recalled how Rei would push his glasses closer to his eyes. It was his signature way of adjusting them. So that's what he did.

"I look pretty smart with these on, huh?" he chuckled.

F/N bit her lip slightly and gave a nod. "Well, I'll go make that soup for you now." Makoto managed to lift his head up a little. "Hey, don't go. You still haven't answered my question."

F/N stopped in her tracks. She knew what he meant. This time, she avoided eye contact. "Makoto, I really like you," she murmured lightly.

"Eh? I really didn't know," Makoto said. He took his fingers off his glasses. He didn't feel shocked toward this. F/N had long before gave signs of having feelings.

Why didn't I say something earlier? Makoto is someone who's very friendly. All of his friends knew that. But at this moment, it's different.

"F/N, you've already done so much for my brother and sister. That also includes me." He paused for a short moment before saying, "I'll go out with y-you."