Our Mother and Father pt. 2

Native bit her lip as she held Berwald's thick wrist and dragged him towards a field. "Here! Stay still!" She commanded in a gentle tone. Berwald had now known this native girl for two weeks. They were already really close, and she was currently teaching him about her land and how she spent her life. River stood just a meter away from him, looking up into the clear sky. She put her fingers in her mouth and blew, whistling loudly an odd tune.

Berwald watched in amusement as River waited. He looked to the sky when he heard an unfamiliar bird's cry. A large bird circled above them before diving down. The bird swooped and flew in a circle around River. The dark skinned girl smiled, holding out her arm, allowing the bird to settle. "Berwald, meet Brave Flight. She is an eagle." The bird cooed, ducking her head to the Swed in greeting.

The visitor slowly made his way over. River nodded to assure him. Berwald bit his lip before stroking the soft, white feathers of the bird's head, leading to the dark brown feathers. Brave Flight made an affectionate noise, nuzzling into his large hand, liking the sensation of being pet so gently.

River giggled. "She likes you. Hold out your arm. Be careful, she's heavy." Berwald did as told, smiling as he watched Brave Flight nip at River's hair before scooting onto the man's fore arm. Berwald strained the muscles in his arm and shoulder to keep the large bird steady. River reached up and ran her fingers over the feathers. "I... I want to tell you something. All of my people know, I just don't know about other lands..."