Chapter 11

Time flew before Lina's eyes. It was already December 1st. She got a thumbs up from CJ and everything when uphill from there. He sent her cover demo to a bunch of record labels that wanted to sign her. Fueled by Ramen, Syco, Universal Republic Records, Symco. They all wanted Lina signed, and she had trouble deciding.

Ever since singing DNA in May, her life had changed. She performed in small bars and clubs with The Cab, and she loved it. She loved every second of it.

As the days got shorter and colder and December rolled in, Lina lay curled up in her own bed and began to think how lucky she was.

She was still going strong with Alex who never failed to piss her off, but win her back right afterwards. She had the best friends, more like brothers, that anyone could ever ask for. She had people fighting over her to make her famous. And to top it all off, her aunt Madison was pregnant. Things couldn't get better, she thought.

Later on that night, Alex came to pick her up and take her hill walking, something they'd been meaning to do but didn't have the time for. With Lina constantly writing new songs and Alex working on band stuff, they rarely found alone time. But that didn't matter. They still saw eachother all the time in the studio and spent most of their hours there, Lina helping him decided on the right notes to fit the song and Alex helping her with lyrics whenever she was stuck. They were the perfect team.

As they ascended the fairly large hill, it was quiet. The dark sky was filled with millions of tiny stars, all shining brightly as the couple walked. Alex suddenly stopped and pulled her down with him as he sat down, making her land on his lap.

"I like it up here," he whispered, as if trying not to ruin a moment. Lina looked up at him and smiled.

"Its beautiful," she agreed, resting her head on his leather clad chest.

"You're beautiful," he immediately told her. She chuckled and he smirked at her.

"And that was cheesy!" She said as she sat up. She heard a bing, and Alex pulled out his phone.

"Sorry, Angel." He said as he read the message on his phone.

"No way. No fucking way!" He yelled excitedly.

"What, what?" Lina asked, confused.

"The band is going on tour after New Years!" He practically squealed in excitement. Lina smiled weakly trying to cover her disappointment.

"That's...that's great. How long will you be gone for?" Alex was grinning like a boy not noticing how it bothered her. What if she wouldn't see him for weeks, or months? Alex smiled and said.

"I don't know, we're touring the States and Canada." Lina bit her lip and nodded. "That's great."

"You have to come with us!" He exclaimed. What? Lina gulped and looked at him.

"I can't...Alex I have to work on my career. On my music, on the deciding of labels..I...I can't leave." Alex's thoughts raced as he tried to think of something.

"Support us. Be our supporting act!" He said exictedly. "Sign with Universal and come support us." He grinned as Lina thought it over. If she signed with Universal, she'd have more studio time and have most of her debut album finished. Honestly, it didn't sound like a bad idea.

"C'mon Angel. New Years, we'll do the Universal party and three days later we hit the road to start the tour." Lina deliberated then nodded. She'd sign with Universal. Not only would they get more time together, she'd get her voice and talent out there. She smiled at Alex and tackled him to the ground. She lay on top of him and kissed him softly.