Chapter 8

Lina and Alex were sitting in the tattoo parlor waiting for their turn. Even though it was 10pm already it was still open. Well hey, it is L.A.

"Nervous?" Alex asked, whilst they waited for the artist to get back with the design.

"And don't say no. You're squeezing the blood out of my hand and stopping the circulation with that vice grip of yours." Lina smiled apologetically and nodded.

"It's like my first piercing, other than my ears, I got my scaffold pierced and I was nervous because my hair was short at the time, so it was visible. It hurt getting my scaffold pierced, but then Mom bought me a load of cool earrings and bars to put in it. See?" Lina was babbling as she lifted her hair to show the black diamond bow on top of her ear. Alex chuckled and shook his head.

"You're a talker when you're nervous." He stated. Lina bit her lip and shrugged. 

"I'm just hoping it'll be beautiful and that it won't hurt." Just as Alex was gonna reply to her that she'd be alright, the artist came back and smiled.

"I hope you like it." He showed her the design he had drawn. A heart with an infinity sign crossing it and her parents' initials C for Cole and M for Maria in the sign, surrounded by beautiful vines. Lina smiled widely.

"I love it!"  The artist smiled genuinely at her and patted her arm.

"Lets get you over here then, sweetheart." He said as he led her over to a tattooing bench. Alex scowled. Sweetheart. Nuh uh. He strolled casually behind Lina and kissed her softly on her neck over a love-bite, before she sat down. It was obvious she was taken aback by his gesture, but Alex just smiled and murmured,

"You'll be fine."

Lina lay down, and the stencil was placed on her skin. Not long afterwards, she felt the small pinch of the tattooing needle on the sensitive back of her neck.

***

After Jay, the tattoo artist had finished, he brought her to a mirror while holding a smaller one up showing the tattoo so that she could admire his work on her skin.

Lina gasped and happy tears sprung to her eyes.

"It's beautiful! Thank you so damn much!" She smiled widely at Jay, and turned to Alex. She smiled and kissed his lips softly. 

"Thank you for bringing me here..." She smiled and followed Jay to the register. She took out her credit card and frowned as Alex snatched it out of her hand.

"I'm paying Angel." She let out a sound of protest but Alex muffled it with his finger.

"Don't argue with me baby. It's on me. That's final." She frowned and tried to take her card out of his hand. Jay looked at them bemused and took Alex's card.

As they walked down the boulevard, where the tattoo parlor was situated, they laughed together as they talked about the most random stuff they could think of.

"You know.." Lina hinted "My Mom used to take me to IHOP and then for ice-cream anytime I did something brave and courageous." She smirked and Alex chuckled.

"Wanna go to IHOP and then to get some ice-cream? I suddenly have this weird craving." He said, his voice laced with amusement. Lina liked playful and happy Alex. She enjoyed his presence more than dominant, protective Alex.

"I would love to." Lina said, smiling up at him.As they walked hand in hand to IHOP, Alex spoke.

"I forgot to tell you, a friend of mine, a music producer, CJ, saw you sing in the bar a few weeks ago and wants to work with you." Lina gasped and gaped at him.