Chapter 6

As Lina and Chantry sat on the curb, Chantry began to speak.

"So.. You and Alex, huh?" He asked, looking at Lina. Lina arched an eyebrow.

"Yep. Though, when I finish getting revenge on him for what he just did, we'll be attending a funeral." Lina spoke with a serious, monotone voice.

"Ouch. Are you guys always like that?" Chantry threw the question at her. Jeesh, what's with the 20 questions, Lina thought. Instead of replying, she just nodded.

"Can we talk about something else? Talking about Alex is making me want to kill him more." she said, putting her head in her hands as she reminded herself to calm down. Chantry glanced at her and frowned.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Don't worry alright?" Lina put her hands in her lap as she looked ahead at something.

"No...no it's not. It hasn't been okay in a long long time." Lina looked down at her wrist seeing the bracelets on it and started to turn them on her wrist.

"Lina what's that under your bracelets?" Before Lina realized what he'd asked he'd taken her arm and moved the bracelets so he could see the scars on her wrist. He frowned and grit his teeth.

"What happened?" Lina looked down,moving her hand to put the bracelets back.

"My parents died. That happened." She looked up at Chantry, whose face fell.

"Your.. What.. How... I'm so sorry Lina!" he stuttered as he wrapped his arms around her. She let herself be held. She relaxed against Chantry and blinked quickly several times.

"It's fine, Chantry. It was a long time ago. I'm older now." she said quietly.

As if on cue, Alex, Marshall, Joey and Dave walked out of the restaurant. Lina's head snapped up at the familiar chuckle of her "boyfriend". When he saw her hugging Chantry, he frowned.

"Hey, I didn't upset you that much, did I?" He asked as he made his was over to seperate Chantry and Lina.

Lina grit her teeth and flipped him off suddenly looking pissed off rather than upset.

"Like you care, asshole!" She glanced at Marshall, Joey, Dave and Chantry and smiled slightly.

"It was really nice meeting you guys. I'll see you around...I have to go." She got up and started to walk away. She heard them mutter a "See you soon Lina." whilst Chantry shouted.

"If you ever need anything call me." She turned around and smiled at him. Alex was seething, not that she gave a damn. She turned around and walked down the street to another restaurant, intending to wait there while she called for a cab.

***

Back at the original restaurant with the guys, Alex looked guilty.

"Should I drive her home? She's gonna get lost." he said, looking to Marshall for the answer.

"I think you should give your car keys to me or Chantry. She doesn't seem to happy with you, man." Marshall was brutally honest. Alex just nodded and handed the keys to his Range Rover over to Marshall.

"Break my car or my girlfriend and I'll shave your head and what little of a beard you have. " He said as Marshall walked to the car.

"I think I'm gonna crash the car with Lina inside." Marshall shot back sarcastically with a smile on his face. When Alex didn't reply, not like he was gonna. Marshall got into the car and drove in the direction Lina had swiftly walked in.

***

Upon seeing Alex's Range Rover near her, Lina felt anger, humiliation and embarressment bubble up inside her. God, was she ready to fight with him. The window rolled down to show Marshall sitting there.