Chapter 4.

DAMIAN AND I WERE LAUGHING ABOUT BRITTANY'S cruel and silly behavior towards us. I told him about the day I spilled juice on her skirt. He shared with me about the time Brittany saw her crush, Edward. She blabbed a lot and tried to hide their relationship in front of him.

"So you knew that she has zero interest in you for the whole time?" I gasped.

"Well...yeah? I mean, there's so many hot and popular jocks out there, why would she choose me?" He had a sip of his lemonade. "Besides, that Edward guy she's crushing on is way much hotter than me."

"No! How can she not choose you?! I-I mean, you're nice a-and good lookin-"

"You really think so?" He smirked, leaning closer. We went quiet for a moment before he leaned back to his chair. "You're doing it again."

"D-doing what again?" I stuttered.

"Blushing," he pointed out.

"W-what?! No I'm not!" I turned away from him. "I'm just...feeling very warm. Yeah, the weather's really hot recently, so hot that the air conditioner can't cool me down." I felt like slapping myself in the face for finding such a stupid excuse.

"Yeah, right." Damian chuckled and shook his head. He took the last sip of his lemonade and stood up.

"Where are you going?" I looked at him.

"You wouldn't think I'd ask you out just for lunch, right?" he said. I gave him a flustered look. "I'm bringing you to somewhere special."

He pulled me out of my chair, not even allowing me to finish my drink. I bet I blushed real hard when his hand touched mine.

* * *

The giant, grassy field was decorated by all sorts of pretty flowers growing on it. I gasped at the sight of it. It's the wonderful scenery of nature. I was busy admiring the view when Damian called out for me. I noticed he had one of his hand placed behind his back.

"I have something for you," he said.

"And what is it?" I asked. Damian slowly reached out his hand that was hidden behind his back and in his grasp held a flower crown. He handed it over to me and grinned. "F-for me?"

"Yeah, I made it myself," he said and carefully placed the flower crown on my head. I flashed him a toothy smile. "Do you...like it?"

"No, I love it. It's staying in my 'treasure box'!" He chuckled at my statement. "Oh, that's just what my sister used to call my jewelry box."

We both laughed.

"Hey, Damian?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Mmm hmm?"

"Why are you being so good to me?" There was a pause in between, but then he answered.

"For now, I'll keep it as a secret. But I promise that I'll tell you one day," he said.

* * *

"Dad? What's with the text you sent me? What great news are you talking about?" I asked after stepping foot in the house.

"Well, there are two extremely good news. First, your grandpa is out of the hospita-"

As I was about to run upstairs to my grandpa's room, dad stopped me.

"Stop right there young girl, your dad haven't finish talking."

"Oh, sorry dad. What is it?" I asked. Dad cleared his throat and continued.

"Your Aunt Margaret is coming to visit us tomorrow," he announced.

"Really? Great! I missed her so much," I said.

He grinned. We held hands and twirled around the living room--a thing me and my dad does when something happy is happening. Mum came out of the kitchen carrying a tray with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk on top. She shook her head at our childishness.

"Al, bring these upstairs for your grandpa," mum ordered, placing the tray in my hands.

"Okey dokey!" I chirped. I controlled my speed as I went upstairs, carefully supporting the tray to make sure that the milk won't spill out. I managed to handle the tray with one arm and knocked on the door before pushing it open. "Hey grandpa, I've got cookies and warm milk for you!"

Grandpa put down the book he was reading and took off his glasses, welcoming me with a warm-hearting smile. Or was he welcoming the cookies with a warm-hearting smile?

Grandpa grabbed a cookie and dipped it in milk before bringing it to his mouth, the cookie crunched as he took a bite. I swallowed my saliva then my tummy grumbled. I looked down at my stomach then at grandpa, smiling awkwardly.

"Here, stuff this in your tummy while you wait for your mum to cook dinner," he said after chuckling, handing over a cookie.

"Thanks grandpa!"

"Alison, listen," he said in a stern voice. I looked at him, putting my cookie down. He sighed his looks softened, forcing a small smile on his face. "Grandpa may not be around you and your parents sooner or later, I will still go one day..."

Suddenly my mood darkened. Why do you have to talk about this?

"So you must take good care of yourself and not disappoint your parents, not disappoint me and your beloved grandma...do you understand?"

I didn't answer but slowly nodded my head. Then his warm smile came back as he patted me on the head like I was still five. I smiled back.

* * *

17th September 2015.

Damian took me out on a date--well he didn't say it was a date but it was kind of like one.

We went to a really cool cafe but that's not the important thing. The highlight of the "date" was when he drove me to a beautiful field full of flowers and gave me a flower crown he made himself!

B

esides that, grandpa was back from the hospital. AND my favorite aunt Margaret is coming back tomorrow. Life just got better, and I hope it stays that way.