Chapter 3.

SCHOOL ENDED TWO HOURS EARLIER today due to a special event ocurring: three teachers retired and there was a farewell party. It's just that I didn't want to get involved so I chose to not go.

But I still don't know the reason why I'm standing in the school hall right now with a bunch of students, listening to a brief speech from the principal before the party starts. Eventually, Damian convinced me to stay. I don't know how he did it, but he just did. After the boring speech, the principal, Mr Andrews announced that the party shall begin. I so regret my choice right now.

Usually Brittany would be around, acting all innocent in front of the teachers then teasing them behind their backs. Though I can't seem to spot her anywhere. It's probably because it's crowded in here. But it isn't really hard to spot someone with sparkly, smooth and pink designer clothes.

I was busy thinking about Brittany's absence that I didn't even notice Damian waving his hand under my nose. I snapped back to reality and looked at him with a blank and confused face. He let out a small laugh.

"What?" I asked, touching my face to make sure nothing's on it.

"Nothing, you're just kinda cute when you do that," he said. I blushed and pushed him slightly on the shoulder. "Ow, it hurts!"

"You're faking it." I rolled my eyes. His 'bros' came towards us and I can see few of them were stunned to him talking to me. They pulled him away to the populars' table. He wanted to stay but was forced to go away. Great, all alone again.

I sighed and escaped the school hall, to the garden. I suppose that in the principal's opinion, a small piece of land filled with grass and a few bushes and trees defines garden. The only thing nice about it is the little amount of flowers planted on the ground. I smiled and enjoyed the cold wind that landed a soft kiss on my face.

All of a sudden, I heard sobs around the bushes. I walked over to see a blonde crouching there, her hands hugging her knees and her hair covering her face. She seems to have noticed my presence and looked up.

Brittany?

After seeing who I am, she immediately turned away and wiped her tears.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, still trying to act tough even though her voice was cracking. I fumbled for a tissue in my jean pocket and handed it over to her. She stared at me with bewilderment, but then reached out for the tissue. "Don't you dare think that a piece of tissue will earn you some sympathy from me and would actually stop me from bullying you. That will never happen."

"Hmm, I've never thought of it. But it seems like you are the one that needs sympathy from me right now," I said. I sighed and sat beside her. "Do it."

"Do what?" she asked, confused.

"Rant about every single detail to me. When you're done, dump me and become the Brittany I know again," I explained.

"Huh! I ain't dumb. How do I know you wouldn't spread it as a gossip?" she said.

"Yeah right, like I would do that." I rolled my eyes. "Plus, you're Brittany Mackay the rich and good girl, who do you think they will believe?"

"True..." She hesitated for a while. "Well, I have a crush on a guy named Edward. He's different and special to me, we've known each other since the day we're born. We literally do everything together. I wanted to confess to him yesterday but I found out that he likes another girl named Alesha."

"I know how it feels to lose your crush to somebody else," I said.

"At least your Damian broke up with me for you!" she growled.

"He never said it was because of me right? And you haven't even try to confess to Edward, how'd you know he won't choose you over that, so called Alesha?"

"Of course I know! I know him better than anyone else in this world! Besides, who are you to judge my thoughts?!" she yelled and stomped off to the school hall.

Tsk. Spolied girls and their attitude. Unbelievable.

* * *

DS2208: Hey, guess who am I?

I checked my phone and saw a text notification shown on the screen. I almost choked on the coffee I'm having. I quickly grabbed a cloth to wipe the little amount of coffee I spilled.

I looked back at the screen, then thought of someone: Damian. No one except for my parents would text me--well, because they wanted me to help with chores. My sister doesn't even bother about asking for my number, since she won't call or text me anyway. Non of the other students in school cares about my number either. It must be Damian.

Starlights: Damian Summers?

DS2208: Are you psychic? Or can you see me through the screen of your phone?

Starlights: Uhm, no.

Starlights: It's just because I'm smart af to know that no one else would bother texting me

"Al, have you done your homework yet?" mum yelled from downstairs.

"Yes!" I yelled back.

"I'm going out, make sure you hang the washed clothes, cook your own lunch and get your lazy bum off your bed!" With that, mum closed the door with a loud bang and went out of the house. I sighed and left my bedroom, going down to complete the tasks mum left me with.

As an expert, I've hung the clothes for not more than thirty minutes. I reached for my phone in my pocket but found it not there. Shoot! I left it upstairs.

I hurried upstairs and picked up my phone that fell on the cold ground.

DS2208: Hey, wanna have lunch together?

DS2208: Hey, you there?

DS2208: If you don't want to you can say something you know?

Starlights: Sure, meet you at Starbucks?

DS2208: Nah, I'll go pick you up!

I stared at the screen and grinned for god knows how long. Damian Summers, my all time crush is going to pick me up for lunc- Wait, is this a date?!

I blinked away from the screen and shook my head. Impossible. Still, I'll treat it as a date. Therefore I'm wearing the best I can.