Chapter 5.

MY PHONE RANG AT 6:50 IN THE MORNING, disturbing my sleep. I groaned and reached for it, sliding the screen to pick up the call.

"Hello?" I muttered. The familiar voice from the other side of the phone made me sat up with my eyes widened.

"Hey...are you awake?"

Pfft, duh. Awoke because of you, Brittany Mackay.

"Do I sound dead to you," I said and yawned.

"Huh?"

"Nevermind, why did you call anyways? And how did you know my number?"

"My mum is a good friend of our school's principal remember? School records," she bragged. I rolled my eyes and I'm glad that she can't see me. "Oh, and by the way, I want to talk."

"Yeah, just talk on the phone." I laid down and let the laziness sink in my bones. I yawned again, making it clear to her that I need to sleep.

"No!" she yelled. "This is a super important stuff and we need to meet!"

"What? You mean meet now?! It's only," --I groaned and paused to check the time-- "six fifty-seven in the morning!"

"Yeah and it's nearly seven, so get yourself out of bed and go to The Gardens." With that, she hung up, leaving me speechless.

I wanted to throw my phone aside and go back to sleep, but I'm not a person that'll leave someone waiting alone at a park, even if it's my arch-enemy Brittany. Plus, she's a girl, it's dangerous for her to be alone at a park. Well, I wouldn't worry if she's the come-near-me-and-I'll-karate-chop-your-ass type, but unfortunately she's not.

Ugh, I'm just too kind and considerate. *flips hair*

* * *

I cycled up to The Gardens and found a long, pink limousine parked at the side. I don't know whether should I laugh or should I laugh. I placed my bike aside and walked over to the blonde girl dressed like a Barbie doll (a.k.a, Brittany).

"What's with the call?" I said. She rolled her eyes at me.

"It's about Edward."

"Who's Edward?" I asked, earning a glare from her.

"Uh, my crush?" Then I remembered, it's the guy she talked about the other day. "Well...I confessed to him."

"Mm hmm?"

"It turned out...bad. He has a girlfriend and he didn't even bother to tell me. Then it's just like that, our friendship went poof! Gone," she said.

Brittany suddenly turned to me and brought me into a tight hug. From little sniffs to sobbing, she cried her heart out. I was stunned at first, but then hugged her and rubbed her back lightly, trying to give her some comfort.

After Brittany finished crying, we sat at a bench, staring at the huge and lonely park. Then her phone rang. I saw her lips curve into a frown before declining the call.

Ding. A text was sent. Her expression turned into a scowl. She furiously typed a few words and sent the message before tossing her phone into her bag.