Chapter 1

It all happened so quickly that I couldn't react fast enough. One moment I'm running from something or someone, I don't remember which. Then I tripped, rolled down a small hill and then crashed in to a old, crumpled, decomposing tree trunk. I sat straight up trying to get my bearings, I felt a warm substance dripping down my for head and tasted blood in my mouth, spat it out and got up to start running once again. I got up and ran faster than I thought humanly possible in the opposite direction of the noises.

But slowly as I kept running the noises surrounded me and instead of the noises coming from one creature it sounded like they were coming from an entire army of them. Then I felt myself falling, but not the type of shakes you awake dream falling, like I was being layed down on a fluffy bed. Sadly, as I was falling I was still panicking, panicking that the creatures would capture me and do who knows what to me.

I shot up in my bed covered in pools of sweat, heart racing, shaking violently. I looked around trying to get my wits. Then I realized where I was, I was in my sky blue room with my Christmas lights glowing, the great Gatsby soundtrack still playing and my phone glowing with a good night text from my boyfriend.

I glanced at the time and it ready 5:26, lovely. Even if I could fall back asleep I would only get like 30 more minutes of sleep.

After sitting in the warmth of my bed for a few more minutes I touched my feet to the ice cold carpet on the floor and proceeded to scurry across my room to the bath room to take a shower. After I turned on the water and undressed I looked in the mirror and saw some one that didn't look like me but I know it is. This persons blonde locks of hair were every where, her dark brown eyes had a crazy wildness to them. Her slender body frame looked like it would collapse at any moment.

As I continued down her body and when I came to her wrists, arms, thighs and waist I saw scars. Scars from difficult times in her life. Probably from time when she put a smile on her face but cried her self to sleep at night.

As I was looking at this girl I closed my eyes and I sat there knowing that this girl was me. When I opened up my eyes the mirror was clouded up. I cleared my head of the memories of the past for now.