Chapter 7

All I could do was look at David wondering why the hell Cody was here. I looked back at Cody and he was just sitting there chillin' acting like nothing was wrong. I took one final look at David and he was leaning against his door with his arms crossed looking as pissed as ever.

"We need to talk, BIG TIME Caitlin."

"Well take him back where ever you picked him up at and we can."

"I wouldn't have him in my truck if he hadn't of flagged me down at the end of your street and told me what y'all had done this evening! How could you do that to me!" Tears started welling up in his eyes as I could feel my face turning into a frown.

"Wait a minute here! Cody you get the hell outta this truck while me and David talk." As I waited for him to get out all I could do was sit there and worry about what the hell Cody had told David.

"Tell me what all he told you and I'll tell you what is the truth and what's a lie and then I'll tell you the rest."

"He told me that y'all had made out and that you had said that you wanted to be with him still..." The whole time David wouldn't meet my eyes.

"First off he started telling me how he missed me and how he wanted to be with me and not Taylor okay? Yes, we did kiss but that's cause he freaking attacked me with a kiss! I swear I didn't kiss back you know I would never cheat on your David. Plus you of all people should know how much I hate that sleazebag." He finally picked his head up and met my gaze and smiled at me.

"Now can we please take him back to what ever alley way he came from so we can enjoy what time we have left together tonight?"

"Sure baby, I don't know why I ever doubted you." He cupped my face in his enormous hands and kissed my forehead just as sweetly as anyone could.

I rolled down my wind and yelled at Cody asking him where we needed to take him and he said that his cousin was a couple of streets down, so I thought I'd at least be semi nice and offer him a ride and so he hopped back into the back seat of the truck. As David started up his truck he took my hand and held it and kissed me on the cheek. Basically claiming me as his, as he always does in school any time he says guys are staring at me.

We drove Cody down to where his cousin was parked and as he got out he looked back at me and rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess I'll see you around Caitlin, bye I'll talk to you later."

"I highly doubt that." I know I sounded like a bitch but I couldn't help it! He almost ruined my relationship! Plus like I say, he brings out my inner bitch.

I looked at David and he looked over at me as he looked back to back out of the persons drive way we were in. As our eyes meet I leaned over and kissed him as sweetly and passionately as I could. When we parted I told him I loved him like I always do but this time it was different, I don't know if there was something there that wasn't there before or if there was something missing... I decided to push the thought to the back of my mind and not have anything else mess up my anniversary with the guy I love.

Then it hit me, I still didn't know where the heck we were going! Since we were on I our way there I figured I would ask one last time to see if he would finally tell me. "Hey baby, will you finally tell me where the heck we are going?"

"Babe I've told you a million times, you'll soon find out and you'll love it trust me."

I huffed out a defeated sigh, "Fine." I kicked off my boots and scooted across the seat of the truck and snuggled up close to him and he put his arm around me. I turned on the radio and turned it to the local country station. David reached around me to turn it up. As the song 'I want crazy' by Hunter Hayes came to an end the disc jockey came on, so as I continued to listen the jockey switched on the phone call conversation that he had, had with a guy that had requested a song and suddenly David's voice was on the radio.