five

"Five minutes until we leave, Talia!" Taylor announced, barging into my room again.

In the last twenty-four hours, Taylor offered to be the one to drive me to the game.

She's sixteen and allowed to drive, so why not? It's better than dad, who I'm pretty sure would see Andrew.

I turned around and saw Taylor all dressed and ready to go. "Wow, your outfit has 'school spirit' written all over it."

Taylor nodded her head, "Yup, and so is yours." She laughed, pointing out the fact that we're both wearing the same shirt.

The only difference was the color, with her's being white and mine black.

"Go Broncos!" I cheered, laughing with her.

I grabbed my ID card, some money, and my phone before following Taylor down the stairs, where my dad was waiting.

"Okay girls, you know the safety rules." He said, reminding us as he kissed me on the forehead.

We both nodded as we walked out the front door and to the car. "Yup, see you later dad!" I waved as we hopped in.

"Wait! Do you guys have jackets? It's supposed to be cold later!" Dad called from the front door.

Both Taylor and I shook our heads. "No, we're good!" I shouted back as we began to pull out of the driveway.

"Okay! Stay warm!"

Once we drove off, excitement began to build up inside me. I was fidgeting in the passenger seat and kept checking my phone.

"Tal, chill."

Taylor's right, stop stressing out. What the heck, why are you even stressing out?

To get me to calm down, Taylor started playing some of my favorite songs in her car. Songs from Shawn Mendes and others like that.

~•~

When we arrived at the stadium, there was a massive traffic jam.

"Oh my god," Taylor complained under her breath, leaning back into her seat.

Coincidentally, the song that was playing had a verse that said: "ooh, you waited so long."

It's pretty funny actually.

Since we were stuck inside the parking lot, I tried to see if I could spot Andrew in the front by the ticket booths.

That's when I realized the second part of that same verse in the song: "sometimes, it's hard to stand out."

.. It's like this song is speaking to me...

The car moved up a bit, making it a little clearer to see.

"Hey, isn't that Andrew right there?" Taylor asked, pointing someone out.

Sure enough, it was. He was wearing his gray, Clovis North sweatshirt and tan shorts with his blonde hair parted to the side, as always.

In a way, his hair looks like Captain America's. Which is exactly how I got Andrew's nickname.

He was just standing there, looking lonely. That's when he took out his phone and began to type on it.