Chapter 4

*Nicole's POV*
*next morning*

I woke up to my phone ringing. I sat up and pawed at my blankets trying to find it and stop the annoying sound. Then I realized it was Austin's phone.

"Austin!" I whisper yelled. He grunted but didn't wake up. I picked up my pillow and whipped it at him. "Austin! Phone!"

He sat up and grabbed his phone, answering it. "Hello?" He said, sleep coating his voice. "Yep. Okay." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah, man. Got it." He hung up and I groaned and kicking his blankets off. "8 o'clock in the god damn morning and this asshole is ready for the fucking day." He got up and went to the bathroom, mumbling under his breath.

I buried my face in my pillow and wanted to kick myself for getting butterflies when I heard his sleepy voice. I looked up when I heard the bathroom door open.

Austin came out of the bathroom, dressed and looked irritated. "Alan wanted us to get ready and meet him at his hotel."

I nodded and got up, grabbing a pair of joggers and a tshirt. I went in the bathroom and got dressed, brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. When I went back into the room Austin had my bag on his shoulder.

"I'll carry this for you." He said walking towards the door.

I shook my head. "You don't have to."

He opened the door and motioned to the hallway. "Nic, it's huge. I got it."

We started walking the 5 blocks over to Alan and the boys' hotel. It was quiet at first and then Austin cleared his throat. "How's your brother?"

I shrugged. "Good. I haven't talked to him in a few days."

He nodded. "Any other siblings?"

"Yeah, I have another brother and a sister." I said, surprised he was asking me about my life.

"Hm." He said. "Yeah, I remember your brother. He was cool. I played baseball with him a few times."

I looked at him. It was strange that all the sudden he was being so nice. I mean, I knew we had called a truce, but he seemed genuine in trying to patch things up. "You don't have siblings do you?"

"I have a half sister I don't really talk to." He said.

I nodded. "I wish I didn't talk to my sister."

He chucked. "Why?"

"She just bugs me. She's the youngest so she's super spoiled and annoying." I said, rolling my eyes. "Mother treats her like a princess."

As we turned the corner a group of people were walking towards us, taking up most of the sidewalk. Austin slipped his arm around my waist and sidestepped the group. I got butterflies when he touched me. And I didn't like it. I pulled away from him and focused on making this giddy feeling disappear.

By the time we got to the hotel I was starving and in major need of hard liquor. We went to the guys' room and I immediately raided mini fridge.

Alan and Tino stared at Austin and I. I frowned. "What?"

"Are you guys good?" Tino asked.

I rolled my eyes. "What? You guys didn't get the fucking wedding invite?" I opened the tiny bottle of liquor. "Chicken or fish?"

Austin chuckled. "Yeah. We're okay."

Alan smiled and came over to me, hugging me. "Awe. My little Nicole grew up."

I punched him in the arm and slammed the bottle, throwing it on the floor once it was empty. "Is our bus fixed?"

Austin set my bag down and sat on the bed. "Probably not."

Aaron came out of the bathroom and smiled at me. "Hey miss grumpy pants."

I glared at him. "I will kill you."

Tino laughed. "Uh oh. Is someone hungry?" He rubbed my back. "You're like toddler. You get cranky when you're hungry or need a nap." 

I laid my head on his shoulder. "I need food and alcohol."

Alan shook his head. "Nic, it's like 10am."

I shrugged and walked towards the bathroom. "Kay?" I said, shutting the door.

*Austin's POV*
*few hours later*

The bus wouldn't be fixed until later tonight, so Alan and I decided to go down by the water. Nicole and the guys went back to the hotel to nap.

"So what happened last night?" Alan asked, leaning against the banister.

I shrugged and pushed my sun glasses on top of my head. "Nothin really. We just talked about why she hated me."

Alan looked at me, waiting for me to tell him some secret.

I looked at him. "Jealousy."

He frowned. "Jealousy?"

"Yeah. I guess she was miserable growing up and hates her parents and she was jealous of how happy I was and close with my mother." I said. I looked at the water. "She wanted everyone to be miserable like her."

Alan groaned and climbed up on the viewfinder. "I love Nicole but I feel like that's just an excuse. She's just a bitch."

I looked at him. "Don't be a dick. I remember her parents. They were assholes."

He shrugged. "Whatever. Gimme some quarters."