Chapter 6

"You...you ki...killer her." She pushed herself back up to the wall. "Th...that makes you the husband." Jemma started to cry from fear. Steve instantly got up and covered her mouth with his hand so she couldn't shout.

"Please. Don't be scared. I didn't mean too. I swear. I loved her with all my heart and I still do." Anger over took his body. He moved away from her and trashed his room more. Flipping his bed over, smashing holes in the wall. All Simmons could do was watch, cry and shrink down in the corner. "I loved her! It wasn't my fault!" He dropped to his knees in the destruction he called his room and sunk his head low. Tear spilling from the British woman and American mans eyes. Hers being fear and his being guilt.

"A...agent Ro...Rogers, sir. Please don't hurt me. I won't tell a living nor dead soul." He felt angry. He would never hurt anyone if it was his choice.

"Go." She still stood there, frozen. "Go!" As soon as the words left his mouth, she scrambled to the exit, leaving Steve in his room alone.

"You really didn't like this room." He didn't need to look up to know his mind is playing tricks on him.

"Why are you doing this? I love you and your bringing my guilt back." He finally looked up to his ghostly wife.

"Well, don't I feel loved." He stood up and walk towards her. "I just thought you would have wanted to see me." Tear started to fall down her cheeks and Steve looked to the ground. The diary was the only thing between them.

"I'm so sorry. I do want to see you but I want to touch you. Kiss you. Hold your hand. Cuddle you. But I can't. Instead I killed you." He dropped back down to his knees, never keeping his eyes off the diary. After a few moments of silence, Natasha joined him on her knees. "So, do you spend the rest of eternity in them clothes?" She chuckles lightly.

"Sadly I do. I spend forever and ever in these black, blue and red pajamas. But at least I wasn't naked." She chuckles again and then sniffles. Her tears start to drop on the diary.

"Please, don't cry." Their tears start to mix together. "I didn't mean it. Why can't time just turn back?" Without thinking, he lifts his hand to touch her cheek.

"I can feel it." Both their heads look straight up and into each other's eyes. Her hands grasp around his arm. "I can feel you." The tears that were once sad turn to happy ones.

"I can feel you too." He pulls her into him a place kisses all over her face.

"Just kiss me soldier boy." She pulled his collar and brought his lips to hers.