If You're Bleeding

I think it’s safe to say that sometimes, I’m a little too energetic with my guitar. This can of course be dangerous when there are hyped up short people in the surrounding area who won’t stop bugging you. Yes, I’m referring to Drew, who else?

We all stood in various spaces around the small practice space; tuning our instruments, warming up our voices and preparing for practice while making sure to stay out of each other’s ways. Unless you happen to be Drew of course, who is climbing on everyone/everything he can reach and generally running around hyper.

I must admit though, when Drew is all sugar-ed up and gleeful he is the most adorable thing ever. He jumps around and flails rather cutely and does this really high-pitched giggle thing if you tickle him. Not to mention that he always wants cuddles. Seriously, as soon as you sit down without an instrument he’ll jump straight into your lap and wrap his arms around you like a monkey climbing a tree. Yeah, I love hyper!Drew.

The only downside of hyper!Drew? Hyper!Drew is usually also Accidentprone!Drew.

The first time it wasn’t too bad, he just tripped over an amp. Then it sort of escalated from there. He tripped over wires, knocked into the rest of us while playing and dropped his bass up the floor once or twice. Still, that didn’t stop him eating large quantities of sugary treats and then riding the rush.

“What are we going to play first?” Laurence was the first to speak once we’d all finished tuning and warming up and had all gathered as a group again.

“Concede Repent Destroy?” Luke suggested, we liked to start with this one as it got us all into a really good musical mind-set.

“Sounds good to me” Kier agreed, tossing his mic back and forth between his hands. Drew, Laurence and I nodded in agreement and after a quick group hug we all took our positions to start playing – Luke behind his drums, Kier and Laurence up the front and Drew and myself just behind them. I don’t like playing right up front of the stage – there’s a reason they call me timid! I’ll come forward for a bit but usually I stay nearer Luke.

After I took a deep breath and shot a grin towards the other guys, I started to play the opening notes, ready for Kier’s voice to join in.

“Just one taste a night

Is never enough to appease me

Cos I’m losing the fight

Oh honey you know it ain’t easy

To hide all my scars

You know I don’t want to scare you

But I’m falling apart

And I couldn’t stop it if I wanted to.

The moonlight excites me

As the dancing masses begin to twirl

No my heart isn’t free

But it beats in time with the Underworld

I’ve made up my mind

I’m not gonna wait til they cast the stone

I’ve left my old life behind

So that the broken hearts don’t have to feel alone.

So I’ll drain my body of everything

If it pleases you, like I want it to.

SO take a breath

Turn out the lights

We’ll rise again

And sing for all the… - DREW WATCH WHERE YOU’RE RUNNING!”