Chapter 1

"Ring...ring..." the bell rang, it was the first day of school and all the new students were gathered in the hall for a briefing about the school rules and things like discipline.

Luckily this briefing is only until 10am. Eleanor thought to herself as she looked at the paper that was given for the timetable of that day...the timetable that only last for a day. It was already 9.45am leaving only another 15 minutes that Abigail spent dozing off while Zoey just sat there like a statue, barely moving a muscle. Without warning, the bell rang loudly, causing Abigail to awake from her sleep turning into a state of shock for a moment, before realizing that the briefing was over. Different timetables were given to the students with their names written on it and they were told that they had to follow the timetable starting tomorrow. Afterwards, they were spared for the day from all the talking done by the teachers and the principal. All the three of them thoughtlessly, arose from their seats and started comparing the timetables they were given. They found, to their surprise, that the three of them only had two classes together the next day which were English and Math.

-Zoey's pov-

The next day, I arrived in school first, taking all my books to my locker, which was at the far end of the corridor and stuffing them into it, taking only the things that I needed for History, the first lesson that I had for the day. Walking towards my first class, Eleanor caught my eye as she stood out for she was carrying a neon yellow bag. I happily waved at her and made my way towards her through the crowd, pushing past a few other people. Since I had time left before the first lesson started, I walked with Eleanor to her locker and we talked on the way to her locker and when we reached, I realized that it was about time to go and the corridor was starting to clear up. I didn't want to be late on the second day of school for the first period. It definitely would not be pleasant. As for Abigail, she arrived at school 5 minutes before her first lesson, which was Physics, in her case, then she raced to her locker and dumped all her books in it, only taking the books she needed before making a run for her classroom. Lucky for her, she was a really fast runner and so, she made it just in time for the lesson. She dash into the classroom and just before the teacher walked into the class. For me, a teacher which was casually dressed in a white top and long black skirt, walked into the class after I settled down, and asked us to address her as Mrs Rum. After a boring 50 minutes of History for me, I headed to my locker to take the books for the next lesson which the three of us were in the same class, it was English. We grabbed all that we needed for the lesson and walked to the class, chattering away like we always do when we were together. Abigail who was speaking got distracted, both Eleanor and I noticed but kept quiet. Noticing the way that Abigail was gazing at the boy, we knew that she liked him. He was standing in front of his locker and taking books out of it. He dropped a book and the moment he bent to pick the book up, slightly turning his head, I realized that I recognized him. He was in my History class. I think his name was Maxi or something, the teacher had called him to answer a question earlier on. We were going to be running late soon. In class, I took quick glances at Abigail and always caught her daydreaming, probably about Maxi, I was pretty sure of it actually, it was really obvious that she liked him. If anyone had seen her gazing at him, they would know almost automatically that she was daydreaming about him. The lesson ended with the bell ringing, again. It was finally break time. I was starving. After putting my books into the locker, I raced to the cafeteria and queued up to buy a sandwich, something that I liked eating. I found a nice table to sit at while waiting for Abigail and Eleanor to join me. Not long after, I realized that someone was patiently standing near the opposite side of the table. I thought that it was either Eleanor or Abigail but when I looked up I saw Maxi, holding a cup of fruit punch and a sandwich.

"May I?" he questioned.
"Sure" I said not wanting to rejected him and anyway it was a good chance to introduce Abigail to him.

"Hello, I'm Abigail, Zoey's friend" she gestured to me and I smiled politely "and you are?" she questioned when she arrived even when she probably already knew his name.

"Maxi" he answered politely, "nice to meet you, Abigail."

"You too" She said before walking off to queue for her food and drinks.

Eleanor came afterwards with a bowl of noodles in her hands and settled down beside me.

"Hi, I'm Eleanor nice to meet you. And you are..." She introduced and waited for him to fill in the blank.

"Maxi" he said hurriedly without showing any evidence of impatience. "Nice to meet you too."

Abigail had returned with a cup of grape drink and a plate of rice. Sitting beside Maxi.

While we rattled on about somethings like what we liked to do and stuff like that. I could see that Abigail was enjoying herself. Eleanor and I were just trying to fit in. For the next few days, Maxi had been sitting at the same table with us for lunch break. It was like he had become a part of our 'clique'. He was really simple and was really easy to interact with though.

On Thursday however, he brought a friend of his and asked us if he could join us. Not wanting to seem rude, of course, we agreed. As a matter of fact, there was no apparent reason to say no. His friend seemed pretty friendly too anyway.

-