Chapter 6

-Abigail's Pov-

'He looks so tensed up, did I make the right choice asking him to eat with my family? I hope he will make it through. I thought it was normal to ask people to go to your house to eat. Looks like I have to reconsider that logic of mine now.'

Finally the short dinner that had seemed almost an hour had finally ended. Probably the moment that Maxi and I had looked forward to since the start of the dinner.

We vacant the table and soon it was time for Maxi to go back to his house. It was 7.30pm. After dinner, we had spent some time in front of the television while my mom cleared the table up.

"Hey...Abi, I have to go home soon." He stated.

I guessed he had been so tensed that he had forgotten that he had wanted to see m bunnies. I grabbed his hand and kind of pulled him out of his seat that he was comfortably on. I dragged him to the back garden where my 2 bunnies were placed.

One with red eyes, soft white fur and long floppy ears, he is an albino, his name is whitey. While the other was with black eyes, soft brown mixed with a little black fur and short tiny ears, he is a dwarf rabbit, his name is chestnut.

I had taken a packet of plain biscuits when we left for the back garden. I opened the packet and handed one out to Maxi. He took it from my hands. While I took the other piece of biscuit, I turn to looked at him, about to put the biscuit into his mouth. I grabbed his hand and said "It's for the bunnies not you." And giggled a bit.

He immediately blushed and crouched down to feed the bunnies. "You feed the brown one I'll feed the white one."

"Right" he responded.

The 2 bunnies happily hopped towards us and started nibbling of pieces from the biscuit that we held out, the moment they reached us.

It was 7.45pm now and I guessed that Maxi really had to go home.

"Thanks for all that you have given me today and please help me thank your parents as well for welcoming me with such opened arms."

I waved him goodbye by the door and watched as his back disappeared into the night. I was really happy that he had agreed to come for dinner on last minute terms.

I walked back into the house and when I saw my parents' eyes glued to the television screen I decided to convey the message from Maxi to them, letting him leave a good impression on them. "Maxi wants me to say thanks for welcoming him with such opened arms." I said to them with almost the exact words that I could remember him telling me.

Surprised that they didn't mention much about him to me even after he had left, usually when I brought friends home to eat lunch or dinner, it would be girls but they had probably thought it was just another friend and not a boyfriend but whatever, I didn't really want them to know anyways.

I decided to text him that night.

'Hope I had made yr day 2day because you had definitely made mineJ' I send the message after I had showered for the second time of the day, the first before I had worn my outfit for the day. I patiently sat on my bed waiting for maxi's reply.

'Sure u did. I loved the present u had given me. Do you like yrs?'

'I sure did. Tks for coming for dinner at my house today too. Ik it was really last minute but I'm really glad that u were able to come.'

'Sure, hope u had enjoyed yr day. I gtg bb talk to you tomorrow 143'

'1432'

P.S. 143= I love you and 1432= I love you too

-