Chapter 2

-Abigail's pov-

About a month had passed already, it was February. I still like him. That was when I was really sure that it was not infatuation. I wanted to catch him when he was alone and tell him that I like him however Eleanor and Zoey told me that it was going to be really awkward for me to tell him that I like him. They then advised me to wait for him to do it. The long wait, however, was torture to me.

"Abigail...I um... may I have a word with you?" Maxi asked.

I thought that the day had come and mentally inside my head, I was screaming with delight. I nodded my head lightly and followed a pace behind him. He had went into a place with little people lurking there. He suddenly turned around.

He started off as, "I... um...Abigail, I like you." But he continued with "Its fine if you reject me..."

There it was, I like you. Those three words echoed in my mind and I could barely hear the rest of what he had said.

There was silence for a moment and his confession hung in the air. He had probably misunderstood the moment of silence as he opened his mouth to say something but I had cut him off by kissing him and whispering "I like you too" in his ear.

He barely gave it a second though and kissed me back. It felt so nice, and a wave of happiness and relieve mixed crashed on me. I would never want this to end but it did anyway, when he pulled away as he spotted Zoey and Eleanor from the corner of his eye, not far away. The shock look plastered all over their faces. Their shocked faces looked really funny and I almost chocked on my laughter. Nevertheless, they clapped for us just like many others would.

The bell rang in our ears which meant that class was going to start any time soon. Maxi's next class was the same as mine. We exchanged a quick glance and made a run for the classroom after taking the things we needed for the class.

Another bell rang, another lesson had passed. It was lunch break and we, Maxi and I, happily walk to the cafeteria together to buy our lunch. The both of us chose to buy sandwiches and he sat beside me today, unlike the other days, except the second day at school, where he would sit opposite of me and beside Zoey, to be exact. I felt great that day.

Just before school ended, Maxi caught me alone when another class had ended and asked if I was free on the coming Saturday. I readily said I was free, anyways I had barely anything to do on a Saturday other than homework, homework and more homework.

When I was on my bed, about to write down the plans I had for Saturday, I realized that on the calendar, it stated that it was Valentine's Day. I didn't know what to give Maxi for the coming special event. I know, most girls will probably give chocolates, but I wanted to be different, I wanted to stand out from the rest.

I invited both Zoey and Eleanor on Thursday to go out, to shop. Almost instantly they replied "sure" when they asked why it was so sudden. I scrambled around in my mind to look for a reason not willing to tell them the truth. However, I gave up and said "I'll like to find something special to give Maxi for the upcoming event." Not stating what it was, Valentine's Day.

-