Chapter 7

-Zoey's Pov-

'How did it go?' I was thinking of asking this question to Abigail tomorrow, well if she did look happy and if she didn't I wasn't plan on asking then. I was thinking of a thousand questions to ask her the next day, probably during lunch.

I hurriedly finished some of the homework I had left for the weekend, like many others I usually spread the homework load over the few days. I finished it first thing in the morning. Thinking of what I should do to spend my day.

'Go to the library? Or Go to someone's house?' thinking real hard. I couldn't decide... after thinking for about 10 minutes, I decided to go to the library to look for some interesting books to read.

I found a really nice book that even has a sequel to it, and lucky for me both the book and its sequel were available right then. I picked both up and decided to borrow them together.

I went home at around 1pm. Pretty early right? I sat down on my bed and started to read. The book had gotten me so captivated, I had forgotten about lunch, both my parents had left and I was probably also too lazy to cook or even walk out to get food.

'Skipping lunch again, it doesn't matter anyways' I thought. By the time it was 6pm, I had read finished the first book and about one-quarter of the second book leaving me with only three-quarter of the second book left. I had already started to slump down into a lying position on my bed. I decided to get up and go downstairs to grab something from the shelves to eat that is if there is anything to eat.

'My parents would be home soon' I guessed, hopefully they brought something home to eat. Not that the shelves had nothing to eat, it was just that I was a really picky eater. I dislike potato chips, and other stuff that most people would like. I liked sweets and certain types of bread though.

Minutes later the door opened. Revealing both my parents and little sister, Winnie. Winnie was carrying a translucent plastic bag, filled with breads. I waited for her to settle the plastic bag down, like a predator watching its prey, so I could grab bread and start to eat.

She walked on slowly to the kitchen and placed the plastic bag down while I, like a monster grabbed a cheese bread stick and sank my teeth into it ripping it apart.

'Yum! It tasted like food from heaven.' I finished it and grabbed another one, running towards my room, ready to finish the parts of the book I had left.

I dozed off with the last chapter unread, the book it my hands and the lights not switched off.

Dad must've switched it off for me sometime later.

"Ring...ring..." the alarm clock ranged as loud as it always would. I woke up dazed, brushed my teeth, got dressed and headed for school.

Early as always, I didn't like being late for school. I headed straight for my locker and took the things I needed for math and dumped the rest of the subjects' stuff into the locker.

Today was different though, I decided to wait for Abigail by her locker which was on the very opposite end of the walkway. Well her name starts with an A while mine started with a Z what could I possibly do about it? The school had decided to arrange the lockers according by names.

-