Chapter 10

-Ryan's Pov-

Watching Eleanor looking at me every time she got into the cafeteria, it felt kind of nice. I waited for her to finish buying her food and drink before coming over to join me during my break time.

"How are you coping with your Math, are you improving?" I questioned her out of curiosity and I have to admit a little of concern.

"Fine, I think I have improved quite a bit. How about you? Well, how are you handling your Chinese?" She responded.

"Better I guess , I understand what the teacher says in class at the very least."

"Good luck for the upcoming exams then," she flashed me a tiny smile.

"You too..." my voice trailing off with a smile tugging at my lips.

We ate in silence until the others came, like always, Abigail and Maxi came together followed by Zoey. With them around, the atmosphere was lighter compared to when we were alone together, in the silence.

School was over like a breeze, boring like usual, except Chinese. I really wanted to do well in Chinese this time. I had to constantly look at my textbook to keep up with the teacher's pace of teaching, that was how bad I was at Chinese but the difference was I used to not even be able to keep up with the teacher.

I went home straight after school, to study for the upcoming FTE. English was the first on the exam list, followed by Chinese. I decided to study for English, sure, my Chinese is bad but my English wasn't all that fabulous either.

"Hey, do you mind explaining this question to me?" my table partner asked, pointing to the question on the paper. Lucky it was Math, I explained it to him patiently and he thanked me soon after. I'll have to say, I was going to thank him instead. He pulled me back from going into my dream land and back to reality. I was good at Math and I enjoyed some of the lessons however some of the lessons were just so boring. I knew everything the teacher was saying or was going to say, I had used my extra time to study an extra chapter on my own partly because I wanted to do other things in class like helping others, playing a fool or even distracting others during class.

"Yeah, it's 5 minutes to lunch break." I heard the person in front of me stated. I asked to go to the toilet when it was 2 minutes to lunch break, like always. The teacher probably knew I know what she was explaining anyway, she always spot me with a bored look on. I didn't want to get caught in the frenzy of people trying to squeeze their way through the classroom door just to hurry to the cafeteria before the queues got long and never ending.

Instead of going to the toilet, I headed straight to the cafeteria, class was probably going to end soon anyway. I grabbed a drink and some food and went to sit at the usual table.

It was funny how some of the students would look at me with the bewilded look on their faces with the question 'How did you get here so fast?' almost written on the faces.

I would just smile like usual. Life was getting boring for me, it was like a cycle, going to school then going home to do homework and it repeats. The cycle was seldom broken, mostly followed.

I wanted a change, any change. When I got home that day, I went on to text Eleanor. Stating that since FTE was nearing, would she care to study together. I had classified her as my study buddy, unsure if she felt the same.

'Eleanor: Sure, y not? Tmr?' she replied almost instantly making my phone vibrate and giving me a little shock since I was day dreaming.

I picked up my phone and typed 'k, c ya' I left my phone on the study table and went to shower. Taking homework and things out to revise after finishing.