Chapter 9

-Eleanor's Pov-

That day when I reached home after school I texted him.

'So...' I typed and send, not bordering to wait for his reply after only 5 seconds had passed. After I went to my study desk and took out all the homework for the day, my phone buzzed. The name Ryan flashed across the screen reading 'Ryan: Um when r u free?'

I replied with a simple 'When are you free?' I copied him.

'Ryan: How abt tmr after school are you free?'

'Tomorrow was Tuesday' I thought to myself, I was free.

'Sure, do u want to study in the nearby mall's library or in sch?' I politely asked.

'Um ... how abt in sch? Will that be ok?'

'Sure'

There our conversation died out and the day was set, tomorrow after school. Not that I was nervous or anything anyway all I was going to be doing was teaching him and in return, I would want him to teach me Math too and if possible, be my study buddy that's all.

The next day of boring lessons in school passed like a breeze. There went the bell, "ring ring..." I had just realized that Ryan and I did not have our last class together, where was I going to meet him? But that thought of mine ceased as soon as I saw him waiting outside the classroom, probably for me.

"Hey" he greeted me.

"Hi," I said back.

There was a silent moment with the background of the noise produced from the other students, chatting while exiting the classroom and some of which walking along the hallway. He then filled in the silence with "So... where do you want to go to study now?"

"How about in the cafeteria?" I asked.

Greeted with a "sure" from him.

We headed towards the cafeteria. I had told Abigail and Zoey that I would not be joining them on the way home for the day.

When we reached, we picked a table and sat down, not long after, starting on our main aim. Me teaching him Chinese. Midway, I decided to bring up the matter about wanting him to teach me in Math.

"Hey, um... I heard that you are really good at Math, would you mind teaching me too?" I questioned politely.

"Sure," he replied cheerfully.

During the time from when we started, I had taught him and at the same time did my homework that had been given.

I had finished all my homework, except 1 Math question that I didn't know how to do. I watched him do his English, well it was because I had finished teaching him his Chinese homework so... I tapped him on the shoulder, showing him the Math question without saying a word. He took the paper from my hand and looked at it for a moment before explaining the question to me.

He was actually a pretty nice person just as I thought form the beginning. For the next few week, we have had quite a few study sessions together some of which he brought his friend along.

FTE was coming soon, I had improved quite a lot in my Math and I had hoped that he had improved in his Chinese too. Teaching him made me want to see him pass his FTE with flying colors, he told me before that he had barely been passing his Chinese, just like my result in Math.

"Hey! Eleanor? Earth to Eleanor?" I heard someone call out to me. It was my table partner. It was History, the third? Or fourth lesson for the day.

Reality check. Lucky the teacher had yet to call me, it was just my table partner realizing that I was dozing off.

"Thanks a lot" I thanked her politely, thinking of the consequences if the teacher had caught me sleeping, she would've made me the laughing stock for the class. "I'm not going to space anytime soon though" I added sarcastically. She flashed me a grin before turning her attention back to the teacher babbling on about something in chapter 4 of the textbook, the last chapter. Right after History was Chemistry. The bell rang, I decided to go the toilet to splash water on my face in order to stay awake for Chemistry. Finally after the long lesson of Chemistry was break time. Yay! I thought to myself.

I headed straight for the cafeteria, surprised to see Ryan already sitting at the table with his food and drink. I had always wondered how he is always one of the first to be in the cafeteria.