Vega and Hogwarts

When we finally got to Hogwarts, Ginny, Neville, and a girl I've never seen joined us.

The girl looked the exact opposite of me. She was a medium sized girl with blond hair and brown eyes, while I was tall and lanky with pitch black hair and icy blue eyes.

Neville saw me staring and chuckled. "Harry, Ron Hermione, MIra, this is Vega Lee. Vega this is Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasly, and Mira Black." he introduced us all.

As we all walked into the doors Vega swerved off to where Hagrid was.

"Poor girl' Ginny sighed.

"What do you mean by that, Ginny" I asked her.

"Ah. Well, you see Vega's parents only let her come this year because of Sirius Black. You see Hogwarts is the safest place in the world and they want Vega safe... but they also don't want her to come because of Sirius Black. Apparently from what she told me, her parents got in a roe with him once and they think he still remembers it."

*Hogwarts Sorting*

"Lee, Vega!" McGonogall cried out.

She stepped up slightly shaking and sat down. As the hat touched her head it cried out immediately "GRIFFENDOR, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!"

As the chorus sang the school song, and Dumbledore gave his speech I fell into my usual zoning-out stage.

I heard only the last part of Dumbledores speech.

"-it is not in the nature of the dementor to be forgiving."

I sat up striaght and listened.

"But you know happiness can be found in the darkest of times, when only you remember to turn on the light." with that he waved his hand and the food apperared.

I ate slowly, very unsettled by what Dumbledore had told us. I barely ate, and was still hungry when Dumbledore sent us off to bed.