Chapter 3 Deception

I woke up with a smile on my face. Today is my boyfriend and I's 2nd anniversary, I'm excited not just because it's our anniversary it's because today I will give my self to him. I've been thinking of it for a while now, my best friend Faye didn't know it.  She was against it I remember what she said last time I told her that I'm ready to give it. "You shouldn't do that! You should wait for your wedding night. Men likes that. I think Drew would love that. " she said with sourness in her face. I obey her, but now I wanted to gave it to him, we both wait for long.  I mean I'm sure that he is meant for me and I to him.  I'm not the type of girl that will wait till the wedding night but I'm more willing to give it to my love.

I prepare a dinner at one of my own hotel and restaurant. It is my baby, my very own hardship to make it at the top and also the hardship of my employees. I own 3 luxurious hotel and restaurants, I being the owner work on it personally although I have Faye as my Vice President. I admit that I'm a workaholic Drew never mind it as long as we have time together, he owned a cargo forwarding company now. I gave him the capital and didn't have the share on it I want him also to succeed and he always by my side in times that I was disoriented and in sorrow. He became my anchor in life I love him so much that I'm willing to give everything for him, I will even tell him now my real identity. I never tell anyone even my best friend it's not that I don't trust them I'm still afraid that they may also leave me but I'm sure this time.

"Ms. McGall, Attorney Hall is here already." said by Anna one of my attendant in my house.
"I'll be out in a minute, please send her at my office Anne, thank you. "
"Right away ma'am. " she timidly answer. She is 2 years younger than me. I don't want to hire her because she was off age but her persistence and determination caught me. I hire her as my PA with a condition that she will continue her studies. It's been a year since that day I met her. She's sweet and a strong girl but I don't like the way she said that my best friend and my boyfriend has something mutual going on.  Of course I don't believe her but I trust her in different ways.

As I enter my office attorney Hall stand. "Lei. Good morning " I'm comfortable for her to call me Lei. She's the one person that I like and I allow her to call me by my name.
"What brought you here so early Sherlin? " I ask as I walk to my desk. I look at her and there is something written in her face that scream problem.
"I know you wouldn't believe me. So I make a copy authenticated by the government." she hand me a brown envelope.
"and what would it be? " I eyeing it suspiciously.
"Marriage certificate. " she said clip she had that tendencies to drop the bomb slowly.
I took a deep breath.
" I didn't ask you to get me a licence for marriage. Drew hasn't ask me yet.  But thank-" I wasn't finish when she said.
"that's the thing. He won't ask you because he is already married. "
I blink and shock was all over me.
It cant be. I didn't hear her right.
"Damn it Lei. Talk to me. " I look up at her maybe my face show something that she was prepared for.
" I know you won't believe it that is my proof. It's up to you now, but I won't just let them ruin you. You're like a sister to me..." I can't hear the other things she said. I just look at the envelope and locking myself again on my own.
"I'll be on my office and you know my number. " I just nod. Then I feel her hands clasped my shaking hands. I look at her. I didn't see pity in her eyes I only see concern and something I can't pinpoint.
She left but not until she said something to Anna.

I'm still in my denial stage, Drew can't do such thing to me but Sherl can't lie to me. The situation was so messed up. I need to go,  I need to be somewhere. I stood up and grab my bag compose myself, I took a deep breath.
"Anna prepare my car,  I'm going."
Anna was startled by me.
"Whereto?  I can drive you. " concern lacing on her voice. The two person I never give any affection were the people who is concern about me.
"don't worry,  I'll be fine. Just need a fresh air. " I smile to ease her worry.
She hand me my car key and said "take care and be safe. " she wave at me. I just smile at her.
One minute I'm debating whether to come inside or not. I'm in front of Drew's house, the one I bought for his birthday. He doesn't want it and we argued but then I won. I decided to go in,  I have my spare key. It seems that no one is in here then I hear laughter I follow it.  I'm like a spy but I need to know the truth. The door to Drew's room was slightly open I look and just in time I saw him naked and in top of.. I caught my breath I can't believe it.
Faye.

Shattered.. Everything I built in my world became dust.. Shattered by the people I trust..