Chapter 5 Alterations

Voices. Tingles. Whispers.

I feel someone touching my face. I lean to it, craving for its touch. I sigh contently and call Drew's name and the touch was gone I frown but sleep took me again.

I woke up with a loud hiss on my right side. I saw someone his back facing me. "Are you alright?" my voice hoarse. He stiffen and turn to face me. His tall and handsome, he has a friendly face a tight smile.
"I should be asking you that. You're finally awake." he approach my bed. I wear a blank expression.
"I just hope I didn't." I didn't look at him. I just stare at my hand and frown. "why do you want to die badly? " his soft voice caught me.
"I don't have the reason to live. " I whisper.  "I will kill the guy who let you do such thing. " he sound angry I gasp and look at him "how did you know it's a guy? " I saw a smile plastered in his face. "I just guess it" he shrugged.
Silence. I look at my hand again,  I hate seeing this thing in my hand.
I was about to take the hose in my hand when a large hand stop me.
"don't even think about it. The last time you did that. We almost lost you. I don't want to go back to that dreadful days. " he growled and sound angry again.
I sigh. "would you atleast tell me your name? " he was taken aback by my sudden question but answer me.
"I'm Jeoff. You are.? " I'm thinking of giving my other name but it came naturally. "Allyra. "
He was about to say something when the door burst open I jump in sudden action.
I move even closer at my back until I hit the headboard.
"you're awake! " a girl squeal. I hid my head between my knees.
"you're scaring her Aura. " Jeoff said
"I'm not. " I feel a hand touching my arm.
"please. Make it quick. " I whisper
I heard a gasp.
"you want me to kill you? " I heard pain and disbelief in her voice.
"it'll make my life easier. I just want to end it but I'm here. Why? " I ask and lift my head to see hurt, pain and worry itching on their faces. I can't hold it anymore. I single tear run to my cheek. My heart feel the agonizing pain I hold my chest and sobs are coming. I can't control it anymore I scream, the agonizing pain. I let it all out, I scream and scream until I can't no longer hear my voice. I didn't realize that someone is hugging me saying soothing things. I didn't realise that she also crying while hugging me. Maybe I cried for many minutes I didn't know that there were people around. I'm too exhausted to notice the person standing on the doorway before I even look at the doorway, sleep took over.

***
I was in a forest lying on the green grass. I stood up and look around me, it's like the sun is starting to fade. Not long the star makes their appearance. It was peaceful, soothing even until a sound of a dried leaves being smash disturb the night. I look to the side where it came from I stiffle a gasp. There in front of me a big wolf with golden yellow eyes. I remain still in my position while the wolf slowly walking my way. I didn't move something inside of me saying that I must not run. Now the snout of the wolf is inches away from my neck. It sniff me and look at me, I look at it also I was drawn to it's eyes it became bluish green with a ring of golden yellow on it and suddenly it growls. I back away and saw that there is another wolf all I heard are growls and next thing I know they were attacking each other. Something wet splash in my face I wipe it and know what is it. Blood. A scream left my lips.

I sat up right. It's just a dream.
Someone barge in my door, I jump a little and saw a frantic looking Jeoff.
I guess my scream wake him up.
"I'm sorry. I had just a nightmare."
He sigh. "it's all right. You should go back to sleep." he was about to leave when I speak. "why did you save me?"
I ask him the question that I'm bugging to asked.
"I didn't save you. Aura did, I just hold you when you're about to fall."
That makes no sense. I sigh.
"still. Why?"
"you will not let it go tonight. Do you? " I nod. He let a frustrated sigh and sit on a chair next to my bed. "Aura commanded me to save you. I don't have a choice." he said but with a smile. "you have a choice not to." I argued.
He just look at me and said "when I love someone, whatever she will said even if it's the dumbest and craziest thing. I would gladly do it. It's worth it." I was taken aback and feeling lonely again. Drew never do that to me, I was the one who always do things for him. "well, I answered your question. Go to sleep now."
I nod again not meeting his gaze.
"everything will be all right. You should forget the past and live for your future. Goodnight Allie"

I didn't respond. The nickname he use had so much memory to me. I close my eyes and immediately fall back to sleep.

Maybe there is a reason for it or maybe its another false hope, another twist of fate.