eight

"Seungyoon!" I shout.
Seungyoon was standing outside of his house, examining the sprouted flowers that will soon die.
He looked at me surprised.
"What are you doing here?" He asked.
"What? I can't be here? I told you, we're close friends."
He nodded slowly.
He needs to feel comfortable with me.
I smile.
"Let's go." I said enthusiastically.
"Go where?"
"Into our memories."
I take his hand, and we're off.
.
.
.
"What is this place?" Seungyoon asked, intrigued.
"This was our secret hideout." I said.
Our secret hideout was an old abandoned cabin not so deep into the forest. If we followed the path out it would only take about thirty seconds get back into the city streets. Surprisingly no one's found out about this place yet besides us.
"Just the two of us knew about this?"
I pause.
We weren't. It hurt me to think of them again.
"No."
"How many years of memories together did we have?"
"Since fourth grade. so, a lot."
He nodded.

i look at the sun hiding behind the tall trees.
"That'll be a great picture." I say making the rectangle figure with my fingers, facing it towards the beautiful image.

I take out my phone and snap a picture of it.
Memory #1 with Lost Boy Yoonie.
I wait, expecting to hear more questions but there's a long pause.

I turn towards Seungyoon and he has his phone out, taking a picture of me.

"This phone is filled with pictures of you." He says quietly, putting his phone away.

"I told you, we're good friends." I said calmly.
"We were best friends?" He asked, kind of with a shocked expression.
"Yes I guess. Why're you so surprised?"
"So told each other secrets and stuff?"
"Well yeah. Kind of."
He was silent, only staring out into the woods.
He sighed.
"You said we weren't the only two that knew about the place. Who are the others?" He asked suddenly.
I was hoping he wouldn't ask that, but I wanted to be honest with him.
I took a deep breath.

"Another girl. Another boy. Her name was Alexis and his name was Minho but he was often called Mino."

I saw his head turn a little,"was?"

"Mino was your best guy friend and you decided to bring him over, it was in 8th grade when you introduced him to me. I was okay with it, he was nice. The three of us were like the three musketeers, but not really. He started to date Alexis around the beginning of high school. At school Alexis would laugh at me, she would trip me in the halls, push me into lockers, knock my stuff onto the floor so they'd scatter, she was a bully. Not just towards me but towards others too. Of course, he didn't know anything about her violence.
Mino brought her into the secret hideout and I was terrified. I wasn't expecting anyone like her to show up. As I saw them walk up the path I couldn't help but hide in the closet. Mino walked in about to ask where I was but you kicked him before he could."

I laughed a little.
I looked up and he wasn't.
He looked concerned.
I settled back into my serious face and made eye contact.

"The next day they came back I was unaware. She came and just eyed me like I was a piece of cake or something! You and Mino both left to get some wood for a fire outside. Alexis started to harass me once again. She slapped me, punched me, kicked me until I was on the floor. She continued to kick me and stomp on me like I was a rock. That Bitch was yelling at me accusing me of trying to steal her man! Mino heard and came running in. He started yelling at her and kept on trying to get her to believe that we really were just really close friends. Mino decided to drag her out and take her home for the night. Her shouting 'You Bitch!' Were the last words I heard from her.
The next day, I got a call. They said my close friend Minho had seemed to be in a major car accident but he was nowhere to be seen. It was all over the news. Alexis died. She was the one that hit Mino's car which led into a very large accident with multiple cars. They're both gone... Oh, and the police at the time know about this place too but I still use it anyway."

Seung Yoon's face looked shocked.
I couldn't tell if it were bad or good to tell him this story, but I wanted to try to be honest with most of his questions.
"So, The Bully died and this Mino guy.. His whereabouts are still unknown?"
I nodded.
He took a bite of the meat he grabbed.
I grabbed a piece of meat also and took a big bite.
We just sat there in silence, not awkward at all.