Unchained Melody

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------

"So I just got a call from Lillian." Rachel says, with her phone in hand, walking into the spare bedroom where Marley, Santana and Mercedes are relaxing.

"What did she want?" Santana asks, sitting up.

"She's booked us for the Hollywood Halloween Party next weekend." Rachel says.

"So we have to leave Lima for a weekend?" Marley asks.

"Actually, most of next week. We need to get the choreography done for the number we've been asked to do." Rachel says.

"Which number is it?" Mercedes asks.

"The obvious choice of Madhouse." Rachel says.

"We should probably tell the Glee club when we get the chance." Marley says.

"Tomorrow we'll tell them." Rachel says.

---------------------------------------

The next day in Glee club, everyone knows about the girls having to go back to LA for most of next week since it was all over Twitter and gossip websites.

"I know there's no assignment for the week yet but I'd like to sing something." Ryder says, getting out of his seat and grabbing a stool to sit on.

"Go ahead, Ryder." Will says, sitting down on the side while Ryder gets ready to perform.

Marley watches as he looks directly at her and begins to sing. But it's not his powerful voice coming out of his mouth; it's Jake's.

[Ryder with Jake's voice:]

Oh, my love

my darling

I've hungered for your touch

A long lonely time

Marley feels like she's going crazy. She looks down at where Jake is sitting in the front row. He's watching intently.

And time goes by so slowly

And time can do so much

Are you still mine?

I need your love

I need your love

Godspeed your love to me

Ryder's voice returns to his normal voice and Jake appears at Ryder's side, also sitting on a stool. But Jake is also sitting in the front row. Marley really is just imagining things.

[Ryder and Jake:]

Lonely rivers flow to the sea

To the sea

To the open arms of the sea, yeah

Lonely rivers sigh, wait for me

Wait for me

I'll be coming home

[Jake:]

Wait for me

It returns to just being Ryder on the stool. Marley starts to get a headache.

[Ryder:]

Wait for me

Oh, my love

my darling

I've hungered, hungered for your touch

A long lonely time

Jake replaced Ryder on the seat.

[Jake:]

And time goes by so slowly

And time can do so much

Are you still mine?

Now they were both sitting on the stools. Marley looked at everyone else who were swaying long or cuddling with their significant other.

[Ryder and Jake:]

I need your love

[Jake (Ryder):]

I (I need your love) need your love

Godspeed your love (Godspeed your love)

[Jake:]

To

[Ryder:]

To

[Jake and Ryder:]

Me

It was just Ryder for the last line of the song.

[Ryder:]

Yeah, Oh!

Marley clapped as soon as the song finished, smiling. She looked down at Jake who was clapping unenthusiastically.

----------------------------------------------

"Something strange happened while Ryder was singing yesterday." Marley says as she and Rachel walk down the hallway, hugging their books to their chests.

"What?" Rachel asks.

"I started to imagine Jake was singing too." Marley says.

"Wow. That is strange." Rachel says.

"I know and I have no freaking clue about what to do." Marley says.

"You have a choice; you've got Jake, the cute, sweet, talented and sort of mysterious bad boy/ex-player and then you have Ryder; the sweet, talented, adorable and he's a football player." Rachel says.

"I'm not making my choice yet. I've only been here a month and I've only been with Ryder for over a week." Marley says.

Ryder walks up to them, holding the strap of his bag over one of his shoulders.

"Hey Marley. Hey Rachel." Ryder says with his cute grin.

"Hey Ryder," Rachel says then looks between them, "I'll leave you two alone." She walks off, catching up with Kurt, Blaine, Tina and Mercedes up ahead.

"Hey Ryder." Marley says.

"You know how we've been dating for over a week now and I was kind of wondering when we were..." Ryder trails off.

"Have our first kiss." Marley says, finishing his unfinished sentence.

"Yeah." Ryder says.

Marley leans up and kisses him. This was her first proper kiss. Sure, she's dated some guys in LA but they never kissed. This was a real kiss.

They part and both smile.

"That was..." Marley trails off.

"Awesome." Ryder says.

They kiss again quickly then go their separate ways.

--------------------------------------------

Ryley are not the endgame couple since I ship Jarley a lot

Short and random chapter but it's also a filler chapter

Songs Used:

Unchained Melody - Righteous Brother's

Vote!

Comment!