Chapter 7

Awaken

Celeste's P.O.V

The celebratory dinner to announce that I was Bloodmoons's Luna was comfortable in the beginning. I sat next to Alex, we reminisced about the times we've spent together, only to learn that we were mates.. Though that was a lie... We had to say it, only to protect myself from the shame I would receive from the other members of the pack... If we told them the truth.. His father spoke of great things that were to come of our unification. He said that not only will Alex have responsibilities to uphold, but so will I. When I was speaking to the Luna, she had informed me of some basic duties. Sit and listen during important meetings, do not correct the Alpha under any circumstances. And by Alpha, she means Alex. But, what if he is wrong about something? Wouldn't I have to correct the information? What if it led to something bad?

Tossing in between the sheets, these questions keep filling up in my head.
What if I could of stopped something, but I had to keep my mouth shut?
A flash picture, of Alex being covered head to toe in blood, causes me to scream. I begin to cry in my slumber. Tossing, turning, crying and screaming. All in one dream. Well, it started out as a dream, now it's just a horrible nightmare, that I am unable to get out of.

"Celeste! Wake up!"

His bloody image continues to yell at me, screaming for me to wake up. But I am unable to, I'm sobbing uncontrollably and praying that I wake up.
I heard screams surround me, from Alex, and from another. Unless it's just all in my mind...
But how could something so life-like, so real, be just in my head. This has to mean something...

Please... Wake up...

A heavy force is placed on my chest and arms, please let it be Alex trying to wake me up... The force gets harder, almost to the point where I felt my lungs would give out. My eyes don't open, instead, they stay sealed shut. My mouth feels dry, as if I'm dying of thirst...
What is happening to me?
My body is sore, meaning my body feels limp, to where one would think they are paralyzed.

A sharp pain, that I was able to sense, was felt for a split second... Somewhere on my body...
But within seconds of feeling that pain, my eyes were forced open to a blinding light and my arms flew forward to whoever was in front of me.
Alex grabbed a hold of my arms, to where I struggled because I feared of seeing him the way I did.

"No, no no no no... No..."

"What's wrong?"

Tears flowed down my face, I couldn't help it, I'm afraid. Not of Alex, but of what the nightmare consisted of. His face being bloody, the screams that I heard.

"Celeste, you need to calm down.."

"Alex?"

"Yes, please, calm down.."

I take a moment to look at his face, to make sure that I won't see what I saw. So when the light hits his face and my eyes adjust to the brightness, I see that it's his beautiful, non-bloody, face. My arms automatically reach out to him, leading my body to get closer. When he's completely in my embrace, I cherish this moment. Knowing that I'm safe in his arms.
I begin to sense distress, mainly around Alex.. What happened?

"Alex.. What's wrong?"

I hold onto his shoulders and look at him in the eyes. There has to be more information, behind this sad expression. He hesitates his words, trying to figure out what to say I presume.

"You were dead.."

"What?!"

I was dead? For how long? How did I die?
Confusion builds within the walls of my head, forcing me to be distracted from whatever Alex was talking about.