Chapter 12

Trust

Celeste's P.O.V

The amount of emotions that were filling my brain became overwhelming, leaving me to scramble around instead of answer the question.
I began wondering if this is what my mother felt. Whether they threw her out of the pack, or if she had to just leave. Leave my life, leave my dads, leave everything behind, and for what reason?
Was she feeling immediate worry? The way my heart is hammering against my chest, or how my mind keeps screaming to keep my mouth shut, is making me wonder if I'm really ready to become a Luna.

"Celeste?"

"Hm. What was the question again?"

"You know that you don't have to be afraid... This pack of wolves are much different than other packs."

"I- I don't know what you're trying to get at."

"Are you afraid... That I would do something that would come of harm to you?"

My heart began beating so fast, I thought it was going to rip out of my chest and I would be no more. My head began feeling a sense of anxiety and worry, I couldn't control myself, so walked out of the shower. Taking one of the towels from the closet and wrapping it around my body, I began biting my finger with more worry on my mind.

"Celeste.."

"I.."

"Please, I want you to be able to trust me, what will it take?"

"I trust you.."

"Then why can't you talk to me?"

"Because..."

He steps out of the shower, soaking wet, making it seemingly harder to do.
Slowly, he began taking his clothes, probably just to change into something warmer. When he was standing in front of me, he reached above my head to grab a towel.
He let his drawers drop.
He let, his drawers, drop.
I don't even know what to think.. And at this point I'm just staring at it.
It's... So... Big
Almost unimaginable.

"You like what you see?"

My cheeks grew hot, red with clear embarrassment, thus making me shield my face with my hands. He pulled my hands away to see him, and by this point his towel was completely around his hips.

"Don't be embarrassed, you have just so much to learn."

He held my hands in his, before planting a small kiss on my forehead.

"Now, I'll only ask this once more, because I want to help you, why won't you talk to me about all this that is going on?"

"I'm afraid.."

"What are you afraid of love?"

"That you'll shun me, just as my mother was... And I don't want to become my mother, a ruthless woman who has no heart.."

At this point I'm crying.

"I can't become the monster, that she... She turned herself to be. All she wants is power, but that's all anyone wants. Power. They can force others to do things, that some get killed for if they don't meet expectations. So when I say I'm afraid, it's because I fear you'll want power or someone in this pack will want to use me of my power.. So I... Keep it bottled up in my head."

He pulls me into a tight embrace, taking me by surprise, but I end up wrapping my arms around his torso. Alex's hands hold the lower part of my back firmly, allowing me to cry into his chest. Emotions are flowing through me, not allowing me to finish speaking. He begins to coo to me softly, shushing me, not wanting me to feel a sense of worry. Breathing heavily, sniffling throughout each intake of air, he runs his hands down my back and kisses the top of my head.