Chapter 2

Dinner

Celeste's P.O.V

"What's tonight?"

I ask, not trying to sound too hopeful for tonight's events.

"My birthday celebration."

"It's your birthday today?"

"Yes. But could you stop making a big deal about it?"

"Nope. How old are you?"

"18."

"So you let me ramble on today about my birthday, but failed to tell me that it was your birthday?"

"Yea, it wasn't hard. You just couldn't stop thinking about kissing me, making you not so intrigued to find out my birthday. But it's alright, I forgive you."

"I wasn't thinking about kissing you."

Why do I bother lying to myself? I understand that I'm lying to him, but could I at least try and find some truth in it?

"Like I said, I am fine with it. The real question is... Are you going to come tonight?"

"Where?"

"We are having a family and pack dinner, then we are going over to the beach for a bonfire."

"Sure, sounds like fun."

I finish the rest of my sandwich, within four more bites, it's gone. Alex finished his sandwiches in only ten minutes, which made me wonder if he had a tape worm in his stomach. I giggled at the thought, but had to remind myself that wolves have it easy, especially the Alpha. He notices me laughing to myself and scoots closer to me. I take the time to look at what he is doing, and a smile stayed present on my face the whole time. He grabs my hand softly, sending a cool feeling up my arm, but then it's replaced with a warm feeling. I love the way he is touching me, and I just want want to return the favor, but something is stopping me.

"Will I get a birthday kiss?"

He whispers into my ear, which now that I think about, sounds like a good idea. He just has many tricks to find a way to kiss me. But it works, I do want to kiss him. But not here, not near anyone. He still is technically supposed to be marrying Tessa, even though that makes my blood boil.

"Maybe."

I whisper back not looking at him. Instead, I walk away. Then I remember that my drink was still on the table and that I still was thirsty from the pulled pork. Walking inside, I headed over to the cooler and to grab a water. Before Alex could get inside and try to distract me, I headed to my room.
My bed had the 'slept in' look, even after I made my bed this morning. Shutting the door, I quickly head over to the shower, since we spent majority outside talking. I have a few hours till the dinner, giving me plenty of time to get ready.
Shit! I forgot to lock the door!
I mean it's no use, he'll still be able to get in.
But just so he has to take the time out of his day...

Running out of the bathroom, I lock my bedroom door, then I head back to the bathroom. Locking the bathroom door, I turn on the shower and strip out of my clothes. Stepping into the shower, I run the water down my hair and skin. It's warm, making me feel comfortable where I am standing. Grabbing the shampoo, I pour it into my hand and spread it evenly among my hair strands. I wash the shampoo out of my hair and apply the conditioner. While I wait for the conditioner to sit, I wash my body with body soap. I shave my armpits and legs when I see that it needs work.

When the conditioner is ready to wash out, I wash off my body. Since I have finished everything that I needed to do, I quickly shut off the water and dry myself off.
My clothes are still in my bag, and I should really put my clothes in my drawers... But after I pick out my clothes of course.. Wrapping the towel around my body, I walk out of the bathroom. When I step out, I see that it's empty. I guess Alex has to get ready as well..