Chapter 9

Traffic Stop

Alex's POV

"Have you seen Celeste?"

I say running up to Jackie. In case we needed help or if something were to happen, we would go to Jackie. That's what we agreed on.

When I lost her in the hallway, I was completely confused on what had happened. She was pulled away from me because of the students in the hallway.
How the hell did that happen?
The other kids in the hallway weren't, I mean looked to have not as much strength as me. This couldn't have just been the students. My arm was right on Celeste. I had a decent hold on her...

"I'll call you in a bit, my brother needs urgent care, bye Cali."

She hung up the phone with someone who I'm sure was important. Whenever she's on an important call, she says their name most times.

"What happened?"

"I lost her in the hallway."

"How?"

"I don't know, these kids were separating us from each other, and they were a bit stronger than me."

"Call in some of your friends."

"Okay, why?"

"Just call them and don't ask anymore questions."

"Alright.."

I walked off to the side and group chatted Justin, Shadow and Dwayne. Knowing how big of a help they were and still are in the hunt for Tessa, I message them.
They all responded within a minute apart. Each said they'd be on their way to my sisters office.
Since we are all in the same general area, it shouldn't take too long.

"We'll find her."

Jackie says touching my shoulder. After she did that, she felt a buzz from her phone and quickly looked at it.
I heard her heart speed up. She's worried. Or nervous.

"What is it?"

I ask turning around and shoving my phone in my pocket.

"Maria found Celeste."

"Where is she?.."

"We have to go now. Text them to meet by the science labs."

She ran out her room, with me close on her tail. After she locked the door, she bolted down the hallway, I've seen my sister run, but never this fast.
Keeping up with her, she makes a hard right, then a left after a couple of meters. When she stops dead in her tracks, she gasps. When I look in front of me, I grow angry. Immediately, Jackie rushes to be by Celeste's side while I try composing myself.

"Who did this?"

I ask impatiently.

"Was it Tessa?"

I don't even let her answer. My top guess is that it has to be Tessa. Who else would it be?

"Give me a minute."

She says gasping for air. Her breaths are cut short, leading me to believe she was jumped by more than one person.

"How many times will Tessa hurt you in a day? I swear when I find that girl..."

"No."

"What?"

"No."

"No, what? Celeste, I will make sure she is punished for this."

"Take your mind off of Tessa-"

She pauses so she can sit up, but winces from a pain residing in her back.