Chapter 3

Bonfire

Celeste's P.O.V

Staring at Alex, I focus my on my breathing for the most part, but I start to lose all control when he starts to touch my shoulders. Hugging him, he takes that time and cups my face. He clearly doesn't want to waste time in the kiss, but in a way, I feel it should be a special moment. I know we get interrupted all the time, but this is supposed to be special, or at least I think it should.

"Allleeexx!!!! We want to go to the bonfire!"

"Shit."

Alex curses. But he quickly straightens his posture and leads me towards the door. He sends me out first, giving me time to see the dessert I missed out on. It was a pizookie, sort of. It was a chocolate cake, with a chocolate chip cookie underneath it, and vanilla ice cream starting at the top of the cake then seeps down to the bottom. I ended up taking a bite of it and almost wanted to forget the beach and stay here.

When I walked out of the house and headed towards Alex's car, I had people staring at me. It's completely different from when I was with Alex, because no one was staring at me. Now everyone is looking, waiting. Taking a look at my phone, I wait patiently for Alex. I'm not nervous, just uncomfortable.
Finally I hear the door to Alex's car unlock. My head turns abruptly and sees him walking quickly to the car. I almost said 'thank god' out loud, which would have been bad. When Alex was close enough to the car, I opened up the door and slid in the passengers seat.
My stuff was resting on the back seat behind Alex, so I reached back and grabbed my cardigan. I can say the least about this outfit, you can get cold pretty quickly.
Sliding it on, I watch as other cars leave the pack house and head towards the beach. After my seatbelt was on my body, Alex placed on his and sped away. He said goodbye to the Luna, as she was not going to be able to make it, she has a lot of cleaning up to do. She wished Alex a happy birthday, before Alex left to get in this car.

As we sped down the road behind the other cars, his hand found mine easily, making its way to hold it. His fingers intertwine with mine, mean while my heart is going nuts. Beating ferociously inside my ribcage. I almost had the urge to pull away from Alex, but I know that would only piss him off or upset him. Staring our hands, I take my other one and rub the back of his hand. Just to soothe the ache in my chest... Maybe because the lack of intimacy we have, my wolf is trying to kill me till I do something...
Alex doesn't talk the whole ride there, which I was okay with. If it meant that I wouldn't go crazy from hearing his voice, I was fine with it. My eyes watched the surroundings around us pass by. The palm trees around us, being completely different from the forest scenery that we were just in, sway beautifully within the wind.
The beach parking lot was just meters away, causing me to get excited. I squeezed Alex's hand, and not on purpose... Besides his response was cute. He winked at me and squeezed my hand back, then blew me a kiss. Goosebumps were rising all over my body, and thankfully I had this cardigan on.. Alex would of seen my arms clear as day.

Alex followed the cars into the parking lot, parking next to, who he said was his beta's car. Alex told me to wait a little before exiting the car. I was okay with waiting and decided to put my hat on. I honestly could care less what anyone says about my outfit, because all I know is that I look hot. When I place my hat on properly, I complete my look with a necklace that I never put on. It has a gold chain, that rests nicely on my collar bone. There are three garnet stones in the middle, wrapped in a gold casing. When it's placed nicely around my neck, is the same moment Alex opened the door for me to get out.

The air around us was pretty breezy, not for the whole time, but here and there were some swift and quick breezes. I was complimented from many of the members, and when the male members complimented me, Alex shot them a hard glare.
We made our way over to where the actual bonfire was happening. It was about a four foot fire, three feet wide. There was a DJ off to the side, facing in a diagonal direction towards the water and the fire. He played beats that were meant for dancing. Seeing that I am not going to be able to wear these shoes, I take them off and place them where a lot of other girls are placing their shoes. Alex takes my hand afterwards and drags me off to dance.
He simply places his hands on my back, while my hands wrapped around his neck. We danced to the DJ's beat, Alex making me laugh the whole time. It was a laugh of relief. That I was doing something other than denying his requests. If I was going to kiss him tonight, I was going to surprise him. I wasn't going to let him know or try anything on me until I knew it was time.