Chapter 6: Binky's Shop

“Can we take Annabel to Binky’s Shop?” Addy asked closing the door of the silver van.

“Yeah, of course!”

“Thank you,” Annabel and Addy said together.

The two girls looked at each other before laughing. Annabel never really had any friends, but she really liked Addy, and she wanted to become good friends with her.

Lisa pulled out of the parking spot and drove out of the parking lot.

“Oh wow, that was great!” Addy laughed, carefully wiping the tears that came out of her eyes from laughing so hard, so that she doesn’t smear her eyeliner that was on both top and bottom lids and winged off the sides.

Annabel smiled and laughed with her.

“There it is!” Addy shouted, then pointed to a small store outside of Annabels window.

Lisa pulled into a parking spot, and Annabel couldn’t contain her excitement much longer; she had never been to a vintage shop before.

Annabel had to hold in her excitement as she closed the van door, and Addy linked arms with her.

“Come on!” Addy said as she ran, dragging Annabel behind her.

Annabel ran, laughing with her. It was nice outside, and she wished she could wear shorts like Addy right now.

The girls stopped by the door out of breath and laughing. Addy fixed her bangs that parted when they ran.

“You girls looked like chickens when you ran,” Lisa laughed when she reached the door.

That made the girls look at each other before bursting into more laughter. Annabel couldn’t believe how much fun she was having with someone she had just met this morning!

A gust of wind hit Annabel as she opened the door and walked through.

“Whoa,” she said. “It’s air conditioned.”

“Good! It’s hot,” Addy sighed in relief before making her way up the five steps. Annabel followed her up the wooden step that creaked with every step. This place must be old, she thought looking around. The walls had wallpaper that was probably from the 70s. She looked up at the ceiling that had terrible water damage on half of it. The store was very bright though. She wouldn’t have trouble looking around.

Annabel found a black faded tiger shirt that slipped off the shoulders, and a pair of faded high waist light denim shorts. The clothes here are so cheap! she thought while looking at the prices of the two items. Skimming through the clothes, Annabel had the feeling that she was being watched. She ignored it and pulled out an American Flag tank top that was long and wide at the bottom and put it over her arms with her other clothes before she went back to skimming. She still felt the eyes watching her, so she turned around only to look into those pure blue eyes that she saw staring at her earlier. Was he following me?  

Annabel couldn’t look away, as if he was putting her under a spell. Not possible, She grinned a little at the thought of spells and magic then shook her head before turning back to the clothes rack. Nonsense. The eyes weren’t following her anymore, and when she turned around, the mysterious guy was gone. She felt an eyebrow go up in confusion then shrugged it off and started skimming through the clothes.

“Looking for me?” A male said in a low husky voice.

Annabel jumped at the voice that came from next to her, and she looked over to see the mystery guy towering over her with a smirk on his face. She had to look up to see his face.

“Are you following me?” Annabel asked suspiciously. “And who are you? How do you know me, do you even know me?”

He laughed, his teeth looked perfectly straight and white.