07

Sadie
I can't breath. All my life has been a lie, or at least what I remember of it.

"What do you mean I was never a foster child?" I asked, I need to find the truth.

"A few days ago, something happened to you, something bad, and it was agreed to take your memories away." Mark said.

"How?" I asked, getting angry.

Mark sighed, "The Mind Erasers."

"The Mind Erasers!? I thought they were our enemy, I thought you hated them!" I yelled.

"I do!" He shouted back, "I know someone on the inside that helped me out."

"But why, why would you want to change my past? What happened that was so horrible that my life needed to be changed?" I asked.

"I can't tell you, you're not the only one on the run from the Mind Erasers. If I tell you, they will kill me." He snapped.

"Why do they care? They only took the memories, why do they not want me to have them back?" I asked.

"I can't tell you! Can't you see that there are more problems then you being upset!" He said.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back and expected it to be August, but it wasn't.

"Don't touch me." I said to Austin. "Oh yeah, I just remembered, do they all remember my past, or is it just you and Austin?" I yelled.

"Its just us two, and don't ask us why because we don't know." He said.

"Fine, then tell me something. Did Austin and I date before all of this happened?"

August

"Fine, then tell me something. Did Austin and I date before all of this happened?" Sadie asked.

Whoa whoa....whoa. WHAT!?

Please tell me I just heard that wrong, is that why whenever I am around Sadie, Austin gets awkward and tense?

"Yes...and you were very in love with each other." Mark said.

I looked over at Austin to see him sadly looking at Sadie and Sadie sadly looking at me.

She turned to Austin, "Look Austin, I'm sorry for everything I said to you, I know this must be hard but you loved the old Sadie, and the old Sadie loved you. But I just don't feel that way."

I saw a tear run down Austin's cheek. She wiped it off and kissed his cheek. She looked at me then back at Mark.

"Is this why you didn't want anyone dating me, to avoid this." She asked in a hushed voice.

Mark only nodded.

"Well, now that the cat is out of the bag, I can do this." She said. She turned toward me and stomped forward.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused. "Doing something that should have been done a long time ago."

She took my face in her hands and pushed her lips onto mine. At this moment, I didn't care if everyone was watching. In my world, there was only me and her.

Our lips moved in sync with each other. I felt her smile as she tangled her fingers in my hair.

I slid my hand down her body and kept them wrapped around her hips.

"Okay guys, we got your point." We heard Mark. She released and bit her lip. She turned back to Mark, "I will date whoever I want, whenever I want. I think I deserve to be happy since my whole life is a lie."