Chapter 3: When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed

AN: I forgot to mention, the chapters will have lyrics from songs (I got that idea from another FanFic I read before) The first two where:

Chapter 1: 'Enchanted' by Taylor Swift

Chapter 2:  'Did You Forget' by Demi Lavato

and this chapter it's 'Fix You' by Coldplay 

I also have a friend reading this and she will help me edit it and take out any unessasary information and spoilers.  

Also I do make up names and they usually suck. Sorry about that. 

Enjoy :)

Ps: The dotted lines mean that it's from a different POV or location. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed

Gwen's POV

It was Friday night and here I was in my room, typing up my essay for English and waiting. I glanced over at the clock.

10:18.

I sighed. Peter was supposed to meet me in my room at nine thirty. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to make sure he was okay. He hasn't been coming with deep cuts or bullet wounds or anything like that since the night he stopped Doctor Connors from turning everyone in New York into lizards. It was also the night my dad died. I held back a sob. It's been two weeks since he died. My mom and brothers Phillip, Howard, and Simon and I had a rough time recovering from his death. We stuck together though. Phillip and Howard wouldn't get into their little arguments as much as they use to. Not that they used to argue a lot, they just haven't had an argument since dad died. I was mostly worried about Simon. He was the youngest- he was only in the fourth grade- and he shouldn't have to experience such a loss at such a young age. Simon took it bad and he still isn't over it- I don't think any of us will be for a long time- but he's not blaming anyone. Not even Spider-Man. 

My thoughts trailed back to Peter. I felt bad for Peter. Ever since my dad died he's been blaming himself for it. I tell him it wasn't his fault and that my dad choose to help him, but he still believes that it was his fault my dad died. He doesn't understand that it was my dad's choice to go up to OSCORP's rooftop and help him. It wasn't Peter's fault. 

I was ripped out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on my window. I didn't need to feel alarmed. There was only one person I know that uses the fire escape instead of the door. I ran over to my window and unlocked it.

"I almost thought you weren't coming."

"Sorry 'bout that. There's been a robbery, a drug smuggler, and a cat burglar. A legit cat burglar! What's wrong with people these days?" Peter said as he climbed through the window. He was still in his Spider-Man suit. He did have a few gashes on his face and arms, but nothing serious or in the need of medical attention. I noticed how the claw marks on the chest section of the suit weren't as noticeable as it was two weeks ago. He must of tried to sew it up.

"Yes of course you can come in my room." I did my best to mock Chandler from Friends. Peter blushed.

"Oh um sorry."

"I was just kidding. I don't even know why I said that." I could feel my face turning a bright red.

"You're probably tired." Peter glanced at the clock, noting how late it was. "Crap I was supposed to be home by nine. Aunt May is definably going to bring down my curfew by three hours."