chapter 4- the hill

-jack- hey I'm on my way to pick you up.

-renee- okay I'll be ready

It was Jack's birthday and he was on his way to take renee on the best date of her life.

Ding dong

-r- hey

-hey, you look amazing

-thanks, I didn't know where we were going so I thought to dress casually.

-okay well let's get going to you can see.

We drove to Iowa about a 40min drive. I opened the car door, like the gentleman I am and she graciously stepped out. The light hit her perfectly.

We were at the bottom of this amazing hill and when you went around on the other side it was completely flat. The hill side was set up perfectly, which I may or may not have payed my cousin $30 to do.

She stood there, her breath clearly taken from her.

-j- do you like it?

- I love it! You did all of this for me

- more less. (he wasn't going to look bad)

- well thank you, I truly love it. And you of course.

- well then would you like to watch a movie

We sat there and watched her favorite Disney movie. The little Mermaid. Renee had a love for Disney things, which made her trip coming up soon so hard.

During the movie nothing was said, but nothing was needed to be said. They both felt something, something jack had never felt before.

On the way back they stopped at a close park. The was a merry go round that they layed on and watched the stars above.

-r- you know, I feel like the stars are a way of showing us our lives. All you need to do it connect the dots.

Jack didn't say a word. He just thought then spoke.

- you know how I said I would show you that I loved you.

-yeah

- I hoped tonight would help.

- I know you love me. In your own way.

Her word hung in the air, Jack didn't like it.

-j- I really do try...

She didn't know what to say, or what to do, she didn't expect that.

- I know & I love that.

- thank you again for coming.

-anytime.

- authors notes- sorry the chapter was so short. There wasn't really much to tell, it was more like leading up to everthing big-