chapter 28- long way home

The funeral was good I guess. I don't remember much of it because I don't want to. I still haven't actually come to the idea of my dad being gone.

What we did have was a baby who doesn't stop crying.

Until one night....

2 weeks later

2:21am

-r- Bryn is usually good at waking up and taking care of Quincy.

- yeah but it has been like 20 minutes. But just think you have one more week of this.

- yeah I don't want to remember that.

- can you go check on her.

-of course I have to.

- I would but god only knows what she would do to me if I walked in there.

- true.

Renee

Bryn's room was dark, but I turned the brightness on the light down and turned it on.

Bryn wasn't there.

Where was she? Where did she go? Why?

- ummm jack can you see if you can find Bryn

- why?

- because she isn't in here or in her bathroom.
I picked up Quincy and started to rock her back and forth while humming in her ear. Also frantically looking for her mother.

-j- there is a note on the counter.

Jack and Renee,

Thank you for your help with all of my screw ups. The one person who can't help me and who needs your help the most is Quincy. She needs you. If you need any help with her or any money call Bradley. I only ask you not to let him have custody. I will be back sometimes, but don't tell her that I am her mother. I trust you both with my baby who deserves more than me.

-Bryn

- oh no she didn't.

-uh baby I think she did

- I have to go to school I can't sit here and take care of a baby.

- well than me, my mom, your parents and Bradley will. Your not alone on this.

- I know I just can't believe she would do something like this.

- baby it's Bryn she does this all the time. She uses people.

- ugggg I should've seen this coming.

- ugggg we both should have. But maybe this is a good thing.

- What?

- well we get to work this out together. We get a child. This sounds amazing to me.

- I just want to go to sleep and Quin is already asleep. Can you bring her crib in our room?

- anything for you.

-