The Creature

This will be a very short chapter guys. Sorry! But I have a bit of explaining to do within the story. Please, please comment! I read them! 😘 oh and the above picture is Paws' "creature" (mom)

Carazo smiles, sensing my confusion.
"Yes, little one. They are all dogs, like you."
Suddenly there is a gasp from one of the dogs who had been staring at me rather fiercely.
"What is it, Lady Rosa?" asks Carazo,
trotting over to the one that gasped.
"Th-th- that's my son!" she whimpers.
I whine, furrowing my brow. That is impossible. That's what my creature used to call me, and my creature was taken away from me long ago.
But amazingly, memories of what my creature actually looked like are flooding back to me.
And all at once, it clicks.
That dog there, Lady Rosa, is my creature. I'm sure of it.
I bound over to her and look up at her beautiful face in awe. She smiles down at me with tears glistening in her warm brown eyes.
"Oh little one, how I've missed you!" she says, nuzzling my chest.
"This is your Mother?" Carazo asks me.
"Is that what I call her?" I question.
"Call me Mama!" says my creature.
"Mama!" I jump for joy around the den, and the other dogs join me.
"But how did you escape the humans?" I ask her, after a long tumbling and rolling session with the pack.
"Well, after you were dragged from our home, I was too. They put me in some sort of cage next to our den, but they forgot to bar the door. I pushed it open and ran off. Easy as can be. But the grief of losing you caught up to me, and I collapsed next to this here den. Larry found me and took me in and I've been here ever since."
The dog that must have be Larry steps forward. He has long ears that almost touch the ground, and a short red coat.
"That's right, sonny. I was wonderful," he boasts.
"What happened to you?" asks Mama.
I begin the story. When I'm finished, the whole pack is silent.
"Humans. The terrible things," Carazo declares, breaking the silence.
"Well, enough sadness, young one. It's  time to properly meet your new family."