Chapter 1

Chapter 01

Third Person's Point of View

"Ji Young! Dinner's ready!" Ji Young heard her mother's voice from the 1st floor of their house. She immediately stopped surfing on the internet and went downstairs.

She saw her mother putting down the plates on the table. She also saw her father already sitting down on the chair. Her mother saw her and smiled.

"Sit down, Ji Young. I've prepared your favorite dish." Her mother said with a beautiful smile. Ji Young smiled back and sat down on the chair.

"How was school?" Her father asked while looking at her.

Ji Young bit her lips and said, "It was fine, dad. It was the usual." She looked at her father's face and saw him smile at her.

"I'm glad you're doing fine on your studies." Ji Young's mother said and sat down. Ji Young just smiled at her and remained silent about it.

They silently ate their dinner. No one of course would dare to talk while eating their meal. After eating, Ji Young headed upstairs to her room.

She grabbed her laptop and surfed the internet. She posted various things and shared a lot of videos that she saw on her timeline.

A couple of moments later, she heard a noise coming from downstairs. She could hear her parent's voice.

"Hilary! You're back." She heard her father's voice from downstairs. Ji Young creased her forehead.

"It's nice to be back, isn't it? It's been a while, Jen!" An unfamiliar voice said. She could hear her father's chuckle.

"Yes, it is." Her mother chuckled.

"Yes, of course it is. It's been a while." Her father said.

Feeling curious, she peeked at her door. She saw an old man sitting on their couch. He was wearing a black suit that seemed to be very expensive. As she was looking, she saw the old man look at her right in the eyes.

She was surprised to see the man's eyes turn red. Her forehead creased once again.

'Something's off.' She thought.

"Is that Ji Young?" She heard the man said. She was surprised that the man knew her name. It was really unexpected. She didn't even know the man.

Her father looked at her and said, "Yes, Hilary. She's Ji Young. She's already grown up, isn't she? Ji Young, come down here. You shouldn't be rude to our guest."

Ji Young obeyed and went downstairs. Finally, I could get to look at him closer, she said in her thoughts. Ji Young held a straight face as he examined their visitor, Hilary. The way he looked at her earlier made her suspect Hilary. She felt like something bad was about to happen that is connected to Hilary.

"This is Trevor Hilary. He's an old friend of mine. He's also one of our business partners." Ji Young's father said.

Ji Young smiled a little and said, "Good evening, Mr. Hilary. I am Ji Young."

"What a fine lady you've raised, Luis. Nice to meet you." She shook hands with him.

As she was holding the man's hand, she was really feeling that something is off. She could feel how the man held her hand tightly. She stared right into his eyes. It was full of evil. She immediately pulled her hand.

"I'll be upstairs dad. If you need something, just call me. I need to sleep." Ji Young said and headed upstairs.

"Alright. Oh and by the way, Hilary is going to be staying here for the night. He still hasn't checked out for a hotel. He could take the room beside yours. That would be fine, wouldn't it?" Her father said.

"It's fine. As long as he wouldn't be invading my privacy." Ji Young said and headed upstairs.

Later that night

Ji Young felt unusual. She was feeling nervous for no reason. She stood up and opened the lights. As she was heading towards the switch, she could hear footsteps. She decided to not open it up.

"You traitor! How dare you!" She heard someone said from the other room. She felt like it came from the room in front of hers. Her parent's room.

Ji Young lightly opened her door. She peeked through it and saw the door to her parent's room was open.

She opened her room's door and went to her parent's room. Her heartbeat went fast as she was walking towards their room.

She walked inside the room and saw her parent's lifeless body in front of her eyes.

'H-How?' She thought.

Ji Young's tears fell down. She knelt down and held her mother's hand. She kissed it and silently sobbed.

'Andwae...'

[Trans: No]

There were no signs of blood on their body. All she saw was two purple dots on her parent's neck. There was also no sign any weapon that the killer could have used. She started to feel confused. It's almost a perfect crime committed by someone, she thought.

She went to Mr. Hilary's room and saw no one there. The bed was neat. It looked like no one slept there. She turned to see the clock that was on the wall. It was 3:00 A.M

She went downstairs and saw no one. Not a single sign of Mr. Hilary. As she glanced at the couch, she remembered Mr. Hilary's face. How his eyes turned into red.

She could only suspect one person. And that is Hilary. Trevor Hilary.

Feeling terrified of what was happening, Ji Young packed her clothes and things. She only packed the things that she needed and were important. She went to her parent's room and grabbed the jewelry box that her mother treasured the most.

She grabbed a tear-shaped necklace from it and the other valuables that was in the jewelry box. She decided to go by the window so that the suspect wouldn't know that she had escaped. Ji Young ran away from the house.

Ji Young didn't notice the man that was looking at her from far away. He saw how Ji Young escaped using the window.

The man went back to his true form and vanished through thin air.

"She escaped my lord." Said the man.

"Yet you let it happen!" His boss shouted in fury.

"I didn't mean to. I'm sorry my lord. Punish me for what I had done." The man said.

"Just kill me please my lord." He continued.

"Not until I've used you enough." His boss said with a cold yet calm voice. He clearly knows that there would be more missions for him. He was sick of it.

He purposely did that to Ji Young. He purposely saved her. It wasn't his choice to be in this position. All he wants was his family.

The man bowed down and left the chamber.